AMD Motherboard / Processor query would love some advice :)

Associate
This is my first post, I understand that the following motherboard and processor have differnt sockets but does the "Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H V2 AMD B350 (Socket AMD4) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard" Work with an "AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Quad Core 4.0GHz (Socket AM4) APU with RX Vega 8 Graphics - Retail"

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Associate
Welcome to the forums!

Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H V2 AMD B350 (Socket AMD4) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard
That motherboard would need a BIOS update before it can work with a 3200G. You'd need a 1st/2nd gen CPU in order to do the BIOS update.

Note that there's a difference between the V2 and non-V2 versions.

Associate
There's a very small chance that the motherboard BIOS would have been updated already for you, in which case it would have a "AMD Ryzen Desktop 3000 Ready" sticker on the box, similar to this:
contentteller.php

Quite unlikely though, so don't count on that happening.

Not sure where you're planning on buying from, but the vendor may offer the service to update the BIOS for you.

Since you're looking at a Gigabyte motherboard, Gigabyte can do the BIOS update for you in UK, but I assume you'd need to pay for postage costs. They also have a very helpful rep on these forums (username: GIGA-Man). @GIGA-Man did I get that right on the BIOS update service?

AMD offer a boot kit service, where they'll loan you a cheap APU to enable you do the BIOS update.

Other option is to phone a friend.

Associate
OP
So if I get the Motherboard's bios update done, it will work with the cpu

I just need an AMD4 processor or rent a APU from overclockers, or send it away to get the bios updated

I could even go to the local computer shop and see if they can help

Associate
There's a very small chance that the motherboard BIOS would have been updated already for you, in which case it would have a "AMD Ryzen Desktop 3000 Ready" sticker on the box, similar to this:
contentteller.php

Quite unlikely though, so don't count on that happening.

Not sure where you're planning on buying from, but the vendor may offer the service to update the BIOS for you.

Since you're looking at a Gigabyte motherboard, Gigabyte can do the BIOS update for you in UK, but I assume you'd need to pay for postage costs. They also have a very helpful rep on these forums (username: GIGA-Man). @GIGA-Man did I get that right on the BIOS update service?

AMD offer a boot kit service, where they'll loan you a cheap APU to enable you do the BIOS update.

Other option is to phone a friend.

We will collect and flash any boards you have an issue with.

Back
Top Bottom