• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD or Intel

Associate
:rolleyes: I’m just wondering which duel core CPU you clever boffin’s out there prefer to run in your home PC's?
The usage it will get will be for some gaming and video editing plus all the other stuff which goes on your home PC.

Associate
before the core 2 duo's arrived, i would've said AMD are great value/gaming performance for money but the c2d's are apparently "the best" these days :)

Soldato
Nitram said:
depends on your budget really, although C2D is favoured, there are some good AMDx2 cpu's that are cheaper and will do all you require.
give it some thought first.

don't forget there pretty even price for price performance wise, for instance, lowest priced core processor on this site is £112 and its the E4300, now look at AM2 X2 for around £112 and you get the 4200+ (you can get these in 65nm from other places) performance difference between the two at stock, negligable.

E6600 at £204, look at AM2 X2 offerings and the closest one is the 5400+ and thats £182 and runs at 2.8Ghz, im willing to say again the performance difference at stock will be remote, so you see its only when you overclock your core processor it starts racing ahead, don't overclock and the AMDs are more or less as good :)

Caporegime
braveheart said:
Im AMD fan - never ever buy or move to Intel C2D... :)

Why?

AMD don't care about
All they care about is money.

so in fact you are a fan of something that doesn't give two hoots about.

All you should care about is having the fastest pc for your money,regardless of who makes it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't understand what makes people think they're better off paying more money for a lesser machine. It makes me want to sit you down and explain it all in blindingly obvious detail, but of course most of you will say "But Intel are crap" afterwards, resulting in me jumping either out of the window or on to the barrel of a gun.

Back
Top Bottom