• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD or Intel?

Permabanned
I know, you must have rolled your eyes at the thread title!

Usually for each generation of CPUs, which is "best" for me is clear from reviews and tests - but this generation (dual cores) I am not so sure.

I do a lot of graphics designing, PDF making, general office things and have a large amount of background processes, messengers running and so on.

What would suit me better? Usually, I am a die-hard AMD fan - but I am looking at their latest line up of X2 CPUs and their caches are so small compared to Intel CPUs - why is this?

Cheers in advance,

Soldato
Go C2D without a doubt

Jamie Edwards said:
but I am looking at their latest line up of X2 CPUs and their caches are so small compared to Intel CPUs - why is this?

Dunno Intel just like really big caches for some reason :confused:

afaik it is because it allows for faster processing, they are madly quick after all

Soldato
Jamie Edwards said:
What kind of PSU am I looking at to run a mid-range graphics card?

The C2Ds take very little power iirc.

On a normal system (1 hard drive etc.) with a mid-range graphic card you could probably get away with a good quality 300w

Back
Top Bottom