• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon Sapphire RX570 8 GIG - Music Video

Associate
OP
Nice video dude, it looks like you're having much more fun with your RX570 than most people who bought a high end card :D

Thanks.. yeah, I might be ;-D, it's the biggest leap in performance.. I've ever seen since my last AGP card, the 'Gainward Bliss 7800GS Silent 512MB'. I was still impressed with my old Palit card, and how well it managed to cope in games like Battlefield 3 and to a lesser extent BF4 which I've to still yet to update and test yet.

The new card is like maximum overdrive in the settings and then I discovered that I could go beyond 1080P resolution at 1440P which I didn't know about and even games like BF3 fly well at max settings at that resolution. But for what I do with applications, that extra screen estate will come in handy and I don't need to buy a new monitor either. The latest version of Blender looks great, EEVEE being one thing I didn't have access to with my previous card.

After freeing up lots of hard disk space, and downloading the latest version of Hitfilm 12 that was released yesterday.. I shaved off 20 minutes from a big render which is around 10 minutes long and full of effects (It actually completed in full without errors) The above video was assembled in Davinci Resolve 12.5 and all the effects with Hitfilm 12... :). The extra horsepower the new card provides makes a big difference I'm finding. I've had it a week and a half now... and love the silence it brings which is really handy for audio recording in Studio One. SSD is next on the list, which I have thread here over on the Storage forum, then possibly CPU upgrade as has been mentioned a few times.

But anyway I just wanted to share my creative works...whilst fine tuning the old gray matter to produce stuff in the future.

That box in the video is on fire... :D

Side note...

The installation of the card was quite tricky I found, as I didn't notice the little clips..Previous card had never been removed. Had to lift the card out a bit and let it follow it's path... It was the first product I've bought from overclockers, thus I didn't expect the Haribo sweets in there :D.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom