• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD replies to nVidia

Associate
Technically speaking, there are a lot of people still using the Win7 RC and leaked RTM.

Arguably those people using them would be more likely to be the ones who buy 5870s first.

Couple that with the Battleforge DX11 patch, and you've already got people playing games in DX11.

From what I've read too, Battleforge sees a 40% increase in performance.

I'm expecting some more games that have DX10.1 paths to receive updates bringing in DX11 features to be honest due to the similarities between 11 and 10.1.

ooh, hopefully. would love to give assassins creed a go. looks sweet and wouldn't mind going through it again.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
time Nvida come around to get their new cards out ATI will be ready to knock them off their perch again...and drivers will be better at this time as well.

Soldato
The vast majority of gamers use Windows ergo the vast majority use DX, and thus its a standard/mainstream API. No need to be so pedantic. In comparison openGL isnt massively used for games now.

Last edited:

Lum

Lum

Soldato
More news of nVidia throwing their toys out of the pram

http://www.guru3d.com/news/nvidia-disables-physx-when-ati-card-is-present/

Guru 3D said:
Well for all those who have used Nvidia cards for PhysX and ATI cards to render graphics in Windows 7, that is about to change.

Since the release of 186 graphics drivers Nvidia has decided to disable PhysX anytime a non-Nvidia GPU is even present in the same PC. We do feel that Nvidia has shot themselves in the foot here.

In NVIDIA's defense, they have been saying ever since the beginning that they would not support the ATI / NVIDIA combo PhysX wise, it is now a little more definitive though.

Small advise to NVIDIA
, PhysX will be a lost cause unless you guys get ATI onboard as well. This certainly isn't helping.

I understand from another thread on this (which I can't find now) that the 186 drivers are the first ones where PhysX doesn't suck under Windows 7.

(I'm no ATI fanboy either, I've owned at least one card from every generation of Geforce up to 7 before switching to this 4870. Used to hate ATI for their horrible drivers)

Associate
More news of nVidia throwing their toys out of the pram

http://www.guru3d.com/news/nvidia-disables-physx-when-ati-card-is-present/

I understand from another thread on this (which I can't find now) that the 186 drivers are the first ones where PhysX doesn't suck under Windows 7.

(I'm no ATI fanboy either, I've owned at least one card from every generation of Geforce up to 7 before switching to this 4870. Used to hate ATI for their horrible drivers)

Old news. I hope someone mod's the drivers so that it works though!

Associate
PhysX is a joke but unfortunately nVidia is really pushing it. If they were playing fair and optimising it for multi-core CPUs as well then that would be acceptable but it's simply being used to screw ATi - they also killed the dedicated card, the one that actually did PhysX properly. People say that both sides play dirty but never has ATi sunk as low as nVidia has recently. nVidia is actively punishing customers, people like me that want to use their old 8xxx series card for PhysX but have an ATi card for primary graphics.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
well for the physicX gimick, they have the right idea, on the GPU but they put it in to practice wrong, killing it just cos of a ATI card present....yeah, do they want your money?, many people was or did buy a low end Nvidia card for that sole purpose, their lose really

I wish they would play fair but they are not, come on EU sue away like you did over pointless things like microsoft :mad: As for intel they did deserve that

Back
Top Bottom