• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G AM4 any good ?

Associate
Hardly do any gaming can play older games like Portal 2 lol so is it good better value for money than buying a cpu and graphics card separately ?

Associate
I've been seriously considering a new build based on the 3400G.
I also hardly game anymore, the odd session with Diablo 3 is about my limit these days.

My reason for considering the 3400G are:

Existing machine (Xeon 1230v2 - 3.3 to 3.7GHz) is getting old - I'm unwilling to consider a replacement processor with inferior specifications so - I'd like at least four cores with 8 threads, higher clockspeed and lower power consumption. The downsides are the reduced level 3 cache 6GB vs 8GB on the Xeon. The Vega 11 processor offers inferior graphics pefrormance to the Nvidia 750ti in my current machine.

As RavenXXX2 says, pound for pound, the 3200G is better value at around two thirds the price. For a bit more the Ryzen 5 3600 is still great value without the graphics core.

Consider your current graphics card (assuming here you'll reuse components) if the onboard graphics on the 3200G/3400G are quicker that your existing graphics card, then it's a matter of how you budget.

If the onboard graphics on these chips are slower than an existing card you have, I'd think very seriously about the Ryzen 5 3600.

Lots of other factors of course. Size of case, noise levels, motherboard etc. Looking one processor down the food chain and one up is a good way to start budgeting a build.

Regards,

B.

Soldato
Save even more money and go for the 2200G.

Zen+ is only slightly faster than Zen. The Vega 8 integrated graphics is the same, should overclock to 1500mhz easily.

The 2400G/3400G integrated graphics are massively bottlenecked by DDR4.

Back
Top Bottom