AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
Hi everyone, long time reader, first time complainer.

Just wondering what time pre-orders actually went live as I was under the misguided notion that it would be 5PM. I'm trying to gauge how far back in this queue I might be.

I randomly checked the site and made my pre-order for the 5900X at 15:53PM. No confirmation of shipping yet.

Also, under the giddy assumption that I got lucky and the blasted thing would ship immediately, I allowed myself to get gouged for the Saturday delivery. The point of this particular gripe is that, as others have expressed, with no availability and expected shipping information on the purchase page, I had no way of knowing that it was a pointless extra expense. Not a lot in the grand scheme, but annoying for the customer nonetheless.

I'm not familiar with DPD; does anyone know if Saturday delivery means they'll get it to me any weekday and Saturday, or just Saturday specifically (probably in 2021 at this rate).
2Pm was the official launch time although i think some went live a few minutes early. It was stated in this thread yesterday by Gibbo what time they would be launching although the thread title was never updated

Associate
2Pm was the official launch time although i think some went live a few minutes early. It was stated in this thread yesterday by Gibbo what time they would be launching although the thread title was never updated

Yes, that much is clear now. Completely thoughtless not to update the OP. I'm not sure how this could be seen any other way. In a few weeks time we'll have the 6000 RT series GPUs online, hopefully there wont be a repeat.

Soldato
Lol the behaviour of some people here is atrocious when you consider the state of the world right now. Popular product sells well, people grump that they didnt get one or the website struggled. Chill out for christ sake, it's a processor, it's not life or death that you get one right away.

Got my order in for a 5600X at 15:17, if I have to wait 2 weeks so be it.

Associate
Well atleast those ordering a 5950X with a 3080 already on pre order will now have CPU and GPU arriving in the same time frame!.

Yeah I ordered a Crosshair VIII Hero with the 5950x and I assume OCUK will ship both together. And I'll be trying for a 6000 series GPU on the 18th, so in all probability I won't have a complete system until Jan 2021 or maybe even later.

Associate
It always amazes me the excuses people make for bad customer service. At the moment I have nearly 2K in pre order with this company. Communication has been terrible, the customer service bot chat thing seems to be disabled for questions etc.

Associate
Lol the behaviour of some people here is atrocious when you consider the state of the world right now. Popular product sells well, people grump that they didnt get one or the website struggled. Chill out for christ sake, it's a processor, it's not life or death that you get one right away.

Got my order in for a 5600X at 15:17, if I have to wait 2 weeks so be it.

I was thinking the same. The petulance on display is horrifying.

Soldato

True but then when you go to stick it in your basket, click checkout and the website removes the item from your basket and refreshes you can understand why people are miffed.
Bit like buying toilet roll, taking it to the checkout then the cashier goes to put it back on the shelf. Ad Infinitum. :D

Did it to me 3 times. Not the end of the world I just thought I would try and see what happened. Saw it as a sign that I didnt really need it anyway someone up there is telling me. :)

Associate
True but then when you go to stick it in your basket, click checkout and the website removes the item from your basket and refreshes you can understand why people are miffed.
Bit like buying toilet roll, taking it to the checkout then the cashier goes to put it back on the shelf. Ad Infinitum. :D

Except you still have to pay for the toilet roll. Also I noticed that I was charged about £8 more when I got to checkout. The price seems to be fixed now. I suppose being annoyed at being miss lead and overcharged is petulance...

Associate
You weren't mislead - it was mentioned all over the forum.

I'll end up waiting weeks for mine, but I'm just grateful to be in a position to buy one whilst people are losing jobs left, right and centre at the moment.

Soldato

Crazy isn't it

Did it to me 3 times. Not the end of the world I just thought I would try and see what happened. Saw it as a sign that I didnt really need it anyway someone up there is telling me. :)

All the big sellers appeared to have the same issues, I got as far on another retailer as having it in my basket, putting card details in, clicking order then being sent to a screen saying my order failed and couldn't get into the basket again. Its not a localised problem, just crazy demand.

Associate
You weren't mislead - it was mentioned all over the forum.

I'll end up waiting weeks for mine, but I'm just grateful to be in a position to buy one whilst people are losing jobs left, right and centre at the moment.

Lets not get political mate. There is a word for people who up their prices during a crisis as well you know.

It wasn't mentioned all over the forum, I found one post yesterday in the middle of this thread after going searching. As I said, terrible customer service, no excuse for it.

Associate
Yeah I ordered a Crosshair VIII Hero with the 5950x and I assume OCUK will ship both together. And I'll be trying for a 6000 series GPU on the 18th, so in all probability I won't have a complete system until Jan 2021 or maybe even later.

As you have to wait anyway why didn't you consider going for Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, which should be released any time now??

Soldato
Lets not get political mate. There is a word for people who up their prices during a crisis as well you know.

It wasn't mentioned all over the forum, I found one post yesterday in the middle of this thread after going searching. As I said, terrible customer service, no excuse for it.
"Upping prices during a crisis" only applies to essential goods, things you need to live. Not luxury computer components.

Associate

I agree the top post should have been updated rather than leaving a post in the middle of the thread. I was waiting until 5pm as well. I have managed to get a preorder for a 5800x though at 16:45 so hopefully wont be to long. Maybe even by the end of the month if what was said about ordering before 5pm is true. Its not the end of the world as I will be waiting some time for a graphics card anyway as I am waiting on AMD. But yeah op should have been updated. I think even just that would have made it much clearer.

Back
Top Bottom