AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
@Gibbo Thank you for the update, will you be emailing customers their queue positions? OCUK wont ship my full order until the CPU comes in stock so I need to make some decisions, the guys on the phone were semi helpful but after trying to get through for 6 hours I really don't want to call back.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo Thank you for the update, will you be emailing customers their queue positions? OCUK wont ship my order until the CPU comes in stock so I need to make some decisions, the guys on the phone were semi helpful but after trying to get through for 6 hours I really don't want to call back.

Latest info on CPU's will be posted in this thread and it will be posted here first, the guys on the phone cannot give you any extra information because it is me who has the info and I post it here so sales/CS learn about new info same time as you guys do. I talk to AMD/Master disti directly, no one else in OcUK does, hence when I get info, it gets posted here. :)

I am sure queue position emailer will be setup for CPUs also and if not done already i shall suggest it is done. :)

Associate
@Gibbo thanks for the quick reply to my question. Apologies if this is in the wrong area but do you guys reserve stock to prevent orders from being further delayed? My issue is I ordered a Samsung G7 but they wont ship it until ryzen comes back into stock. I'm happy to wait depending on queue position but I'd hate to find out the G7 went out of stock so I'd have to wait longer to get my order and/or be bumped back into a ryzen queue because the rest of my order wasn't able to ship. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
Thanks for the update Gibbo. So you've got roughly 100 5600X's arriving next week, I'm fairly certain I didn't get into that first 100 as i didn't get my order in until 3:15, do you have an ETA on when a second wave should be arriving?

Associate
@Gibbo, is the situation on the 5950x's a zero for delivery next week, or is that covered elsewhere by a different process, and therefor not part of the most recent update you gave?

Soldato
Gibbo can you give us any information on what roads that delivery is traveling by? :D

For the 5950x orders, given their much more limited supply than the rest, is there any possibility of queue notifications like we've had for the GPUs?

Soldato
Gibbo can you give us any information on what roads that delivery is traveling by? :D

For the 5950x orders, given their much more limited supply than the rest, is there any possibility of queue notifications like we've had for the GPUs?

Literally just got a queue update, 186, not too bad i guess

Associate
Why OC is the only major retailer/etailer who is selling 5000 series at higher price than any other UK competitors?

5950X is £50 more
5900x is £30 more
5800X is £9 more
5600X is 9 more

Not to defend OCUK too much, but I've seen several other large UK vendors charging ~£80 over the minimum price advertised elsewhere for a 5800x, similar for 5600x. Frankly, I don't think OCUK have done anything dodgy at all, but if the price doesn't suit you then just buy it elsewhere. At least here Gibbo gives some insight into stock levels and timescales.

EDIT: Let me put it in a clearer way; All the major UK supermarkets would have raised prices by 30%+ on goods if a product was seeing similar supply/demand to this CPU release. It's how the entire world works now. If you don't like it, then you're empowered to shop elsewhere.

Associate
I don't even mind paying the £30 more for the 5900X considering I'm getting it a week or so after release, or at least I should do anyway. I don't really see over 206 of the 5900X's being damaged/lost/stolen before they arrive at OcUK

Associate
Not to defend OCUK too much, but I've seen several other large UK vendors charging ~£80 over the minimum price advertised elsewhere for a 5800x, similar for 5600x. Frankly, I don't think OCUK have done anything dodgy at all, but if the price doesn't suit you then just buy it elsewhere. At least here Gibbo gives some insight into stock levels and timescales.

EDIT: Let me put it in a clearer way; All the major UK supermarkets would have raised prices by 30%+ on goods if a product was seeing similar supply/demand to this CPU release. It's how the entire world works now. If you don't like it, then you're empowered to shop elsewhere.
Yeah I saw this too. I would like to name and shame but know I can't do that. To be honest though I detest that practice of raising prices. Its capitalism at its worst and its not right.

Associate
Hi there

OK our master disti who had still not delivered our wave one stock has now confirmed they are sorry for the delay and not having stock here for launch but that stock will now be arriving next week:
5900X - 300pc
5800X - 100pc
5600X - 100pc

Now I have posted amounts here, but the reason we tend to not post amount is because stock can and does get stolen/damaged/lost in transit and that is why we tend to not post stock numbers, because if customer who is say position 295 in the queue for a 5900X will now be think HELL YES MY CPU WILL BE HERE NEXT WEEK, but what happens if the courier loses a carton of the CPU's so that is 20 units lost, or a carton is squashed/damaged, that is upto 20 units lost or the delivery gets stolen.

That is why we do not generally post numbers because all the above does happen and sometimes couriers will split the shipment also so they will delivery half one day and half the next day.

This is why we do not post numbers because the stock comes a long way and passes through many hands before it gets to OcUK and during that journey stock can go missing or get damaged. Hope that helps educate some people as to the reasoning of why we do not post numbers and the above would normally be given as very large amount of 5900x and large amounts of 5800x and 5600x.

The master distributor had this to say in regard to what day next week we can expect the above delivery:
"hard to say as havent got pre alert - they generally deliver on wednesday on pallets but if not pallet can deliver any day by dhl . on the 300 it had a CMAD shipping date from aMd of 26/10 & SDD date expected arrival date of 4/11 which is why expecting any day"

So as you can see it is not as simple as an item ships and arrives next day, these large manufacturer deliveries can really take some time, you can see from above the 5900X in question left AMD on 26th October so by the time we get them they have spent two weeks travelling going through various warehouses and delivery depots. That is why stock can easily go missing or get damaged in transit.

I hope this helps people to understand and educate better as to why these things can take time and why the numbers we think were getting may always not materialise.

I suspect other distributors will also get some stock next week which I shall be working hard to grab as much as I can, plus AMD have our master disti purchase orders which now total over 10,000 CPUs. :)

I can give a much better level of transparency with a processor than I can a GPU, because with a CPU I work with AMD or Intel directly and then just master disti. On a GPU AMD/NVIDIA does not own that product, the board partners do and the different board partners have varying levels of communication, some are good, some are poor and they rely on getting GPU's from AMD/NVIDIA which can of course vary and go wrong due to the above also and as there is so many board partners and so many distributors for GPU's it is much harder to near impossible on being as transparent with the GPU's, again hope that helps people understand, I do have some GPU updates today which shall be posted in the sticky thread this afternoon/evening.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Just got the queue position 165 for 5900x. Assuming 300 units come in next week should be in that batch right? I dare to hope :cool:

Back
Top Bottom