AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Hi there

OK our master disti who had still not delivered our wave one stock has now confirmed they are sorry for the delay and not having stock here for launch but that stock will now be arriving next week:
5900X - 300pc
5800X - 100pc
5600X - 100pc

Now I have posted amounts here, but the reason we tend to not post amount is because stock can and does get stolen/damaged/lost in transit and that is why we tend to not post stock numbers, because if customer who is say position 295 in the queue for a 5900X will now be think HELL YES MY CPU WILL BE HERE NEXT WEEK, but what happens if the courier loses a carton of the CPU's so that is 20 units lost, or a carton is squashed/damaged, that is upto 20 units lost or the delivery gets stolen.

That is why we do not generally post numbers because all the above does happen and sometimes couriers will split the shipment also so they will delivery half one day and half the next day.

This is why we do not post numbers because the stock comes a long way and passes through many hands before it gets to OcUK and during that journey stock can go missing or get damaged. Hope that helps educate some people as to the reasoning of why we do not post numbers and the above would normally be given as very large amount of 5900x and large amounts of 5800x and 5600x.

The master distributor had this to say in regard to what day next week we can expect the above delivery:
"hard to say as havent got pre alert - they generally deliver on wednesday on pallets but if not pallet can deliver any day by dhl . on the 300 it had a CMAD shipping date from aMd of 26/10 & SDD date expected arrival date of 4/11 which is why expecting any day"

So as you can see it is not as simple as an item ships and arrives next day, these large manufacturer deliveries can really take some time, you can see from above the 5900X in question left AMD on 26th October so by the time we get them they have spent two weeks travelling going through various warehouses and delivery depots. That is why stock can easily go missing or get damaged in transit.

I hope this helps people to understand and educate better as to why these things can take time and why the numbers we think were getting may always not materialise.

I suspect other distributors will also get some stock next week which I shall be working hard to grab as much as I can, plus AMD have our master disti purchase orders which now total over 10,000 CPUs. :)

I can give a much better level of transparency with a processor than I can a GPU, because with a CPU I work with AMD or Intel directly and then just master disti. On a GPU AMD/NVIDIA does not own that product, the board partners do and the different board partners have varying levels of communication, some are good, some are poor and they rely on getting GPU's from AMD/NVIDIA which can of course vary and go wrong due to the above also and as there is so many board partners and so many distributors for GPU's it is much harder to near impossible on being as transparent with the GPU's, again hope that helps people understand, I do have some GPU updates today which shall be posted in the sticky thread this afternoon/evening.

Have a great weekend everyone!

stunned at the terrible amount of CPU’s they r pushing out. These are multi billion pound business’s and you get a few hundred chips. Ridiculous. How on earth do they do the turnover they claim with this pathetic output.

SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced record revenue for the third quarter of 2020 of $2.80 billion, operating income of $449 million, net income of $390 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.32.

2.8 billion last quarter. Gibbo 10,000 CPU’s is prob less than 3 maybe 4 mil usd. What are they playing at? 10,000 chips is nothing and you claim ocuk are the big boys ?! They r taking a month 2 months to satisfy a tiny order IMO. Does not add up.

Last edited:
stunned at the terrible amount of CPU’s they r pushing out. These are multi billion pound business’s and you get a few hundred chips. Ridiculous. How on earth do they do the turnover they claim with this pathetic output.

Really? Where’s your semiconductor manufacturing facility if it’s that easy?

The U.K. is a relatively small country and there are a significant number of retailers that are stocking these in the U.K. alone. Those figures are just stock that didn’t quite make it for launch.

One retailers stock X many retailers X many countries = a whack ton of CPUs. :rolleyes:

There was a significant amount available at launch globally with signify the numbers following up a matter of days later, just because you didn’t get one doesn’t mean the whole world is going to crumble down. This place just seems to be having a meltdown since the 3080 launched and perhaps people need to take a break from the internet and try to see the real world once in awhile.

The U.K. is a relatively small country and there are a significant number of retailers that are stocking these in the U.K. alone. Those figures are just stock that didn’t quite make it for launch.

One retailers stock X many retailers X many countries = a whack ton of CPUs. :rolleyes:

There was a significant amount available at launch globally with signify the numbers following up a matter of days later, just because you didn’t get one doesn’t mean the whole world is going to crumble down. This place just seems to be having a meltdown since the 3080 launched and perhaps people need to take a break from the internet and try to see the real world once in awhile.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Couldn't have said any better.

For got to say, that’s also just retail parts which is only a small proportion of the overall market. There are also system integrators and enterprise customers on top of that to feed CPUs to and they take higher priority because they buy in such large volumes and don’t want it in a fancy retail box.

For got to say, that’s also just retail parts which is only a small proportion of the overall market. There are also system integrators and enterprise customers on top of that to feed CPUs to and they take higher priority because they buy in such large volumes and don’t want it in a fancy retail box.
Very true.

Perfect reply there. The guys at OC do the best they can. If you have to wait, it sucks I know but it's just how it goes. I've only gotten lucky once and got my items in launch week. Otherwise you need to wait till stock gets shipped around the world and what not. Mix this pain in the arse pandemic into the mix and things will take a little longer. Far more important things in the world to get upset and butthurt over. Like Wispa Golds, I'm sure they are much smaller than they used to be and i do love that caramel goodness.

I think it's AMDs fault that after these chips had been shipping out for over a month there still isn't enough stock to last 30 minutes after launch and this is not just OCUK but all stockists in the UK.

AMD could have easily pushed back the launch by another few weeks so they had better stocks but in the end the launch went no better than nvidia's debacle for a lot of people.

I think it's AMDs fault that after these chips had been shipping out for over a month there still isn't enough stock to last 30 minutes after launch and this is not just OCUK but all stockists in the UK.

AMD could have easily pushed back the launch by another few weeks so they had better stocks but in the end the launch went no better than nvidia's debacle for a lot of people.

Scalping has become a major issue with these devices that significantly outperform previous generations (and having too many people with too much time on their hands in 2020). I think volume of shipments is irrelevant unless each store has enough stock to meet all demand on day 1, scalpers will just buy them all regardless.

Scalping has become a major issue with these devices that significantly outperform previous generations (and having too many people with too much time on their hands in 2020). I think volume of shipments is irrelevant unless each store has enough stock to meet all demand on day 1, scalpers will just buy them all regardless.
If they was enough supply then it would make scalping irrelevant as people could just buy from a store.

I am quite happy with what I have, so I am not in the market for one.. But I do find it utterly ridiculous that companies that operate on this size and scale cannot get 10,000 CPU's to OCUK, and I fully understand there is worldwide demand, but when you looks at AMD's earnings they will probably get about 15 billion in revenue for 2021 - maybe push 20 billion.. Thats a lot of chips per day and all I am saying is where are they!?

And yes I do have a reasonable understanding of chip fabrication and that is why I find it so crazy....

The only explanation I had in my mind was that console integration and EPYC is eating into their PC consumer channel... That is possible but really they should be scaling better, so should Nvidia.

If they was enough supply then it would make scalping irrelevant as people could just buy from a store.

Enough basically means 10k per average retailer, and there are at least 1000 major global retailers and system builders (some requiring much more than 10k CPUs), meaning, at least 10m CPUs on launch day. Stockpiling that much would take several months of full-scale production (rather than a couple of weeks) without any sales. AMD isn't anywhere near cashrich enough to afford that.

Apple usually has a launch inventory of 30% of their quarterly sales for iPhone releases, and we still have iPhone scalping every single year.

I am quite happy with what I have, so I am not in the market for one.. But I do find it utterly ridiculous that companies that operate on this size and scale cannot get 10,000 CPU's to OCUK, and I fully understand there is worldwide demand, but when you looks at AMD's earnings they will probably get about 15 billion in revenue for 2021 - maybe push 20 billion.. Thats a lot of chips per day and all I am saying is where are they!?

And yes I do have a reasonable understanding of chip fabrication and that is why I find it so crazy....

The only explanation I had in my mind was that console integration and EPYC is eating into their PC consumer channel... That is possible but really they should be scaling better, so should Nvidia.
I think nvidia's problems are due to the 8nm Samsung node being a bit dodgy but AMD have a mature process on tsmc 7 and should be knocking these out at a high rate by now with very little failures.

It doesn't bode well for the big navi cards.

Back
Top Bottom