AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
Think im going to hold on until the 1st. If nothing has happened with stock by then i might cancel and sell the motherboard i bought (not sure i can send it back as it's MSI and i did the cashback claim) not getting a gpu from the looks of things this year. Might just wait until next year and see what happens. Prices will probably go loopy with brexit, but part of my build kind of revolved around combining the 5000 series with a 6800 gpu, without it just feels a bit pointless bothering as I've got a 9700k anyway so it's not really much of an upgrade. Really disappointed as i hadn't treated myself all year and it felt like a fun time to do it.

If stock doesn’t improve I would be cancelling and getting either i9-10850 or 3900x, any advice on which one would offer more longevity and performance? Thank you very much in advance

Associate
If stock doesn’t improve I would be cancelling and getting either i9-10850 or 3900x, any advice on which one would offer more longevity and performance? Thank you very much in advance

If mainly gaming, the i9, however, if you get the 3900x, you’ll be able to upgrade to Zen3 in the future (without changing your board) so that’s a plus.

Associate
Why do people feel that the intel launch in March will have any better availability. I think there is a fundamental miss understanding as to the factors paying into the limited supply.

Associate
Well interesting update I was que position 200 for a 5950x gibbo said 220 had been recieved however customer services have just told me that they do not have enough stock to fulfil my order so im little confused now

Associate
Well a reason potentially, is that the stock is arriving in multiple batches and that number is the aggregate number.

Not according to OCuK:

"24th of November 2020:
Overclockers had the 200pc 5950X arrive plus the 20pc from grey suppliers have also arrived. This means 220pc of 5950X have arrived so far."

Associate
Position 218 for a 5950x - still nothing shipped..

Starting to get a bit daft now.... Hopefully some positive news for the CPU. I'd booked this week off for new build & tweaking (had to use holiday up) .. so far.. nothing..

Associate
This gets better and better. Did they give a reason?
No reason given just that they didn't have the stock ive tried calling waited 45 minutes no answer but I've sent a reply to the message they sent me and awaiting a response. I have been patient till now because we all know theres a stock issue and I accepted that but when they say they have 220 in stock and I'm number 200 on the que i expect my cpu. I know of another retailer that was expecting over 200 and only received half of the order if this is the case tell us that dont say you have 220 IN STOCK

Associate
Is there a worldwide shortage or is it just a UK/Ireland thing?

I am starting to think these CPU's should not have launched until next year at some stage until they had enough stock for demand.

Soldato
Is there a worldwide shortage or is it just a UK/Ireland thing?

I am starting to think these CPU's should not have launched until next year at some stage until they had enough stock for demand.

Its worldwide judging by my Discord alerts. Regularly get flashes up for Germany, France etc. (only monitoring EU turned off the ROTW as wasnt interested in the updates) Everything we were anticipating is in short supply from the 3xxx series launch onwards. Will be like it well into next year.

Knew it would be the original Oculus Quest sold out last Xmas and it was like May/June time till they started to trickle in numbers. The Switch was the same. The warning signs were there.

Associate
Why do people feel that the intel launch in March will have any better availability. I think there is a fundamental miss understanding as to the factors paying into the limited supply.

By then Zen3 should be in good supply, so you have a solid alternative to Intel. At the moment, you have no choice.

Soldato
Someone on the AV forum selling a sealed 5950X for £1000, i commented asking what they paid for it and got a warning for accusing people of scalping, even though it's so blatant.

Back
Top Bottom