AMD Ryzen G.Skill FlareX vs G.Skill Trident Z RGB

Associate
After having to RMA several different types of DDR4 RAM because of compatible issues with my Ryzen Desktop I decided to give G.Skill a try.

I'm looking for 2x8 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 that will work "out of the box" at rated speeds.

G.Skill FlareX (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) seems to be working well with Ryzen at advertised speeds.

However, G.Skill Trident Z RGB (F4-3200C14D-16GTZR) is my preference.

Both are single sided, single rank, Samsung B-Die chips Cas 14 Timing.

So the Question is would both these DDR4's perform the same, and am I safe to go for my preferred choice or stick with G.Skill FlareX?

OcUK Staff
With AM4 memory tables end users need to also be aware some improve the issues some make the oc and compatibility worse. For this it does not matter which sticks u have just if ryzen likes the programmed spd timings or it won't pass training.

Soldato
I have two sets of G.Skill Trident Z RGB (F4-3200C14D-16GTZR) and with 2*8GB(one set), I can just set the DOCP(XMP) to 3200 cl14 and it worked no problem. That was on C6H with BIOS 902, have not tried on new BIOS as I now run 4*8GB and use 2666. I would think the FlareX use the same chips as Trident Z but without the RGB LED's.

Soldato
Seems that way, personally holding out for the updates in May just to see if any limits are raised then I'll make my choice... Need 32GB and also thinking of getting something 4,000+ for future improvements and potential other platforms.

Gotta love the prices right now for that ;)

Soldato
Seems that way, personally holding out for the updates in May just to see if any limits are raised then I'll make my choice... Need 32GB and also thinking of getting something 4,000+ for future improvements and potential other platforms.

Gotta love the prices right now for that ;)

Yup, 32gb of 4000+ ram will likely you set you back more than the cost of a cpu and motherboard! :p

Back
Top Bottom