• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Looks like the 265th person from AMD needs to confirm that it’s coming this year.

I don't think they will ever confirm which Zen3 based CPU's are releasing this year, pretty much until they release them. A tiny bit of clarity surrounding the matter would really help those waiting for a Ryzen 4xxx CPU, but the disappointment that it is only EPYC coming in 2020 make make people jump ship rather than wait patiently.

Soldato
New info from AdoredTv

He has also posted the same content on his website:
https://adoredtv.com/exclusive-zen-...rformance-than-zen-2-production-in-september/

image-2.png

Caporegime
"Alright geese. It'll be fast aye, but mebbe not so fast as some people ken, and mebbe delayed a bit. Good far the gamers. Don't forget to like and subscribe for more of my guesswork insider info!"

Soldato
"Alright geese. It'll be fast aye, but mebbe not so fast as some people ken, and mebbe delayed a bit. Good far the gamers. Don't forget to like and subscribe for more of my guesswork insider info!"

Even for guesswork I don't find any of it particularly unbelievable and generally more accurate than most of the ramblings on this forum. I for one am glad these Techtubers have their channels, it's entertaining and it's optional and to be fair they make money at it rather than wasting time on here like we do :p

Soldato
They could release the server chips at the end of the year and still have it be considered launching at the end of the year. Possibility they want to release zen and big navi at the same time for all we know.
If they mirror the Zen 2 launch then desktop chips will come first. The good news for us is that for desktop chips performance will increase 20%, what that translates to in games performance remains to be seen but if Intel were sweating before with Zen 2, Zen 3 will have set to red alert (and Ryan Shrout will be extra busy inventing more misleading benchmarks).

Caporegime
If these really are 20% faster again than Zen 2 then that is utter dominance on all fronts.

I know these things are cyclical but this one feels profound in terms of implications for Intel.

For gaming an 8 core 4 series would see you well for years and years. These are going to be extremely popular.

Soldato
That's why they won't give too much away.

That is what I said. The partial sentence you quoted was not a request, but leading from the previous and in the the following.

If AMD confirmed Zen3 is launching with 'only' EPYC in 2020, you have two (maybe more) scenarios. Those who have say a Zen+ waiting to upgrade, would more than likely wait, those wanting a brand new system could wait or buy what is available now, be that AMD or Intel. Either way saying almost nothing keeps people guessing, and as I like to put it waiting for a bus they don't have a timetable for.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Do people still trust adoredTV after that fraud said zen2 was getting >5ghz clock speeds?

Not to mention the ryzen 5 series being 8 cores and ryzen 7 being 12 cores

Soldato
If these really are 20% faster again than Zen 2 then that is utter dominance on all fronts.

I know these things are cyclical but this one feels profound in terms of implications for Intel.

For gaming an 8 core 4 series would see you well for years and years. These are going to be extremely popular.

Don't worry about Intel, they have a pretty much bottomless pit of dosh to bribe persuade manufacturers and OEM's to not supply AMD product in a lot of their portfolios.

Soldato
Do people still trust adoredTV after that fraud said zen2 was getting >5ghz clock speeds?

Fraud? lol OK. You do know there was over a year between the reporting the leak (of which he wasn't the only one to do) and the product coming out, yeah? You do know that things can change in that time, right? You are aware that Zen 2 was designed to compete with Intel 10nm products, and nobody expected Intel to just totally fall out of their own ass? it is entirely likely that the leaked information was accurate as per AMD's intentions at the time, but within the space of 1 entire year AMD found the yields weren't good enough to hit 5GHz and there was no need to push Zen 2 as hard as they originally planned because Intel offered no competition.

Fraud? Sounds like you're taking leaks far too seriously, maybe you need to dial your expectations back a touch and not take everything you see at face value.

Caporegime
At this point vendors are competing with eachother to provide high quality Ryzen based Laptops, because they are finding that they are in demand, they are popular.

AMD are a juggernaut right now and Intel can't stop them......

Fraud? lol OK. You do know there was over a year between the reporting the leak (of which he wasn't the only one to do) and the product coming out, yeah? You do know that things can change in that time, right? You are aware that Zen 2 was designed to compete with Intel 10nm products, and nobody expected Intel to just totally fall out of their own ass? it is entirely likely that the leaked information was accurate as per AMD's intentions at the time, but within the space of 1 entire year AMD found the yields weren't good enough to hit 5GHz and there was no need to push Zen 2 as hard as they originally planned because Intel offered no competition.

Fraud? Sounds like you're taking leaks far too seriously, maybe you need to dial your expectations back a touch and not take everything you see at face value.

This is the impression i got, they thought they could get them to boost single thread 5Ghz, its what they were designed for but the yields just didn't work out like that.

Soldato

Indeed, but that goes with any rumour mill.
If you're going to bother to pay any attention to them, ensure you have a bucket of salt. They only really exist for hits, and will regurgitate any info be it leaks soon to be outdated or just outright twaddle to get them. In adoredTV's case, it was likely a bit of both.

Soldato
This is the impression i got, they thought they could get them to boost single thread 5Ghz, its what they were designed for but the yields just didn't work out like that.
Indeed, and when Intel released yet another 14nm Desperation Lake instead of the beastly 10nm kit, AMD (presumably) went "ah well, no point killing ourselves over this then. Dial back the clocks and hold off on the core count bumps, we'll focus on other areas".

Besides, wasn't there a 5GHz 16 core running super-secret for press at Computex? The thing exists, but AMD just chose not to release it.

Caporegime
Indeed, and when Intel released yet another 14nm Desperation Lake instead of the beastly 10nm kit, AMD (presumably) went "ah well, no point killing ourselves over this then. Dial back the clocks and hold off on the core count bumps, we'll focus on other areas".

Besides, wasn't there a 5GHz 16 core running super-secret for press at Computex? The thing exists, but AMD just chose not to release it.

They are keeping the best silicon for EPYC, where the real money is.

3950X boosted to between 4.6 and 4.7Ghz, that's not far off and these XT CPU's get to 4.8Ghz, TNA has a 3600 that he can get to 4.675Ghz ST and he's had that thing for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom