• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's fake prices, Nvidia and AMD want to stop publishing MSRP

Caporegime
<$200 GPU's always have been low margin, with everyone wanting Chips made, with everyone grabbing Memory IC's and paying over the odds to get them... same with the Cap's and MosFets, even the metals and plastics..... those margins have gone, i've said it before i think AMD are making a loss on everyone of those 6500XT's they sell, but they are doing it anyway.

With that AMD get screamed at for being honest about how much they will cost, while Nvidia get away with flatout lying.

Associate
<$200 GPU's always have been low margin, with everyone wanting Chips made, with everyone grabbing Memory IC's and paying over the odds to get them... same with the Cap's and MosFets, even the metals and plastics..... those margins have gone, i've said it before i think AMD are making a loss on everyone of those 6500XT's they sell, but they are doing it anyway.

With that AMD get screamed at for being honest about how much they will cost, while Nvidia get away with flatout lying.

I don't understand your apparent slant towards AMD, neither company give a monkeys about any of us and both of them, along with unscrupulous retailers, will shaft you if they can.

Caporegime
I don't understand your apparent slant towards AMD, neither company give a monkeys about any of us and both of them, along with unscrupulous retailers, will shaft you if they can.

Its not quite as black or white as that, or cynical, i think most people in business also want to feel like they are doing something wholesome if its not too much of an inconvenience to them.

Associate
Its not quite as black or white as that, or cynical, i think most people in business also want to feel like they are doing something wholesome if its not too much of an inconvenience to them.

Fair point, I'd wonder if most people in business would do that though. That'd be my only thought there, I think the majority of businesses aren't that bothered about feeling like they're doing something wholesome.

Caporegime
Fair point, I'd wonder if most people in business would do that though. That'd be my only thought there, I think the majority of businesses aren't that bothered about feeling like they're doing something wholesome.

Even Jenson wants to feel like he's doing something good, he is as human as the rest of us and i'm sure in some way he is doing some good somewhere.

If you like there is another way to look at it, AMD's exclusive partners do not enjoy anything like the market share Nvidia do, like EVGA for example, AMD needs to do something to look after them.

Whatever the reasons you can still get them right now for £200. The RTX 3050 is now closer to £400.

I said right from the start of all this AMD should rightfully be criticised for the product, but to use its problems, which were deliberately held in the worst possible light and then hold it up against the 3050 and argue this is why it is worth up to $450, which it now is, was monumentally stupid, so stupid i would question their motives, and until we do that this will keep happening and we will keep wondering why these things are so expensive.

We are smarter than that.

Associate
Even Jenson wants to feel like he's doing something good, he is as human as the rest of us and i'm sure in some way he is doing some good somewhere.

If you like there is another way to look at it, AMD's exclusive partners do not enjoy anything like the market share Nvidia do, like EVGA for example, AMD needs to do something to look after them.

Whatever the reasons you can still get them right now for £200. The RTX 3050 is now closer to £400.

I said right from the start of all this AMD should rightfully be criticised for the product, but to use its problems, which were deliberately held in the worst possible light and then hold it up against the 3050 and argue this is why it is worth up to $450, which it now is, was monumentally stupid, so stupid i would question their motives, and until we do that this will keep happening and we will keep wondering why these things are so expensive.

We are smarter than that.

Excellent balanced response. And certainly food for thought.

Soldato
Doesn’t this always happen? I seem to recall the RTX 2XXX series were considerably cheaper for the first few launch units and then the price went up from there and never came back down.

When I was looking to upgrade, the RTX2080 and Vega VII were my options. Where listed, the AMD part was a little over €100 more expensive. RTX2080 was significantly cheaper, came with a couple of games, I think needed less power and has RT.

Caporegime
Have to hand it to Nvidia their GPU's have been good over the last decade. the GTX 970, 1070 and now the 2070 Super have been good to me, i cannot fault them they are just damn good GPU's, not perfect and nothing ever is, the 2070 Super has RT but... yeah it might as well not have, and i wish Nvidia would stop being so stingy with VRam capacity.

Things are changing tho, Now that they have their CPU roadmap nailed down and some money in their pocket AMD are focusing on GPU's, AMD's RDNA2 is in many ways already better than Ampere and RDNA3 IMO will bring Nvidia out in cold sweats.

Associate
Simply Nvidia/Amd are quite happy to continue to rip off gamer's and make obscene profits, no surprise at all Nvidia are the worst scum out there feel dirty buying their GPU cards, might even go Amd this year.

MLID is such an AMD nut hugger. You can see the pain and confusion on his face when he's trying to excuse AMD ripping people off and also the releif and glee when he can turn his serpent tongue back on Nvidia !

Permabanned
MLID is such an AMD nut hugger. You can see the pain and confusion on his face when he's trying to excuse AMD ripping people off and also the releif and glee when he can turn his serpent tongue back on Nvidia !
This.

They could have been impartial and view both companies as just simply being business.... making money.
But then it is dumb people who apply emotion to a company who is only out to to gain, that's the entire point.. just they should remain in line with regulations and legalities.

Permabanned

I enjoyed AdoredTV as he spent a lot of time backing up his findings, right or wrong. But the modern tech tuber has turned influencer producing content for the most clicks.

I look forward to the PCPer podcasts, everything else I just skim across.

Back
Top Bottom