"American style" bacon

Man of Honour
it's streaky you use for cooking chicken in as well isn't it?

Ideally yep. The extra fat keeps things moist while the bacon goes crispy so you get a great contrast of texture. You also have to remember fat contains a lot flavour.

Also as streaky bacon goes crispy, it doesn't feel greasy. Something English bacon can be if cooked by an idiot.

Soldato
Bacon is serious business

clipboard01us52oc9.jpg

Soldato
Reggae Reggae?

Not on bacon.

I like streaky with crispy fat (just the fat) or big thick rashers of back, mmmm...

I saw some bloke picking up those fatless turkey rashers the other day and I wanted to hit him, the fat is the best bit and it doesn't even taste like bacon, it tastes like fried turkey.

Man of Honour
It would be a good thing if you could actually buy good bacon, I have tried all sorts of brands and butchers so called own but good bacon, not wet with saline and that white yuck that leaks out when you cook it but with real dry cured texture, that dose not shrink to half its size or less when cooked. good tasting bacon is just too hard to find. We are left with mostly factory produced garbage.

Anyone recomend any im sick of looking for good stuff and trying garbage, I like smoked and unsmoked rind or no rind, just has to be good.

I suppose im picky I used to get some from a butcher who had his own farm and he made it himself, he had a smoke house and everything, and lots of free running future bacon, problem was was the old feller died and his son sold up and the whole place got a housing estate and industrial estate put up where my bacon used to run free :(.

Back
Top Bottom