Amex/american express

Soldato
Firstly apologies if this is the wrong section, wasn't really sure what it came under. So my question is regarding Amex. I currently have a samtander 123 credit card, but I'm maxing out the cashback on the 1 and 3%. Is there a downside to using an Amex card, I'm looking at one that gives 5% for 3 months (up-to 2500 spent) then drops off to 1%/1.25% depending on how much is spent. Our meal credit card bill is about 1500-1600 a month so I reckon the one with the fee will be the better option for us. Amy opinions?

Cheers

Soldato
OP
So since starting this thread, I'm now at 148 quid cashback although until I've had the card a year I won't know how much I'll make. Quite different to my samtander card, which I was making 3 quid a month off:p. Glad I went for the 25 quid card now, I've found there's only a few shops that don't take it and they tend to be small (apart from Screwfix which surprised me).

Soldato
OP
Now if only the decrease meant that their merchant fees were also being lowered; then more merchants would accept = more profit for amex/us. Unlikely.
I've found the vast majority do accept it. It's only really smaller places that don't as I assume they can justify the hit like a bigger shop can.

Back
Top Bottom