An 80's Hot Hatch for 2021?

Soldato
I don’t think the Clio Williams as mentioned above has hit that inflation point yet.

Alternatively a Clio mk1 16v or Renault 19 16v both seemed great when I was younger.

I had a red Clio 16v - I literally miss it every day - sold it over 15 years ago lol. Had an induction kit on it and it sounded superb.

sunroof leaked, the suspension was shot and I snapped a cam belt on the A34 and had to rebuild the head on it.

god if I could only go back....

Permabanned
I had a red Clio 16v - I literally miss it every day - sold it over 15 years ago lol. Had an induction kit on it and it sounded superb.

sunroof leaked, the suspension was shot and I snapped a cam belt on the A34 and had to rebuild the head on it.

god if I could only go back....

i had a valver too with a pipercross on it, the sound at red line was awesome.

Soldato
i had a valver too with a pipercross on it, the sound at red line was awesome.

yep I can still hear it now - it screamed but wasn’t obnoxious at all. My girlfriend at the time (and now my wife) wasn’t too impressed but whatever.

I could afford to buy another now but she wouldn’t let me and I sure as heck can’t find any decent ones.

Man of Honour
Ah nuts this thread has got me wanting to put Chewbacca back on the road. I think I'll phone up tomorrow and book it in for an MOT.

Caporegime
I've been itching for my gf to get a Colt ralliart. This Version R (https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5952016738145418/) looks epic! Shame it is the guts of 7k. Would have it in a heartbeat. I'm a bit of a Mitsubishi fanboy tho :p
163HP in that looks like it would be a right giggle. 'I bought you a car my love!' :)

Used Mitsubishi Colt Hatchback Rare Ralliart Version R Special 163bhp in Lichfield, Staffordshire | Sports and Prestige of Lichfield Limited

Man of Honour

Was one for sale around my way a few months back - the interior was LOL though the colours were all clashing horridly.

Can't remember now but I think it was blue mats and highlights, cream for the large surfaces and some yellow highlights.

Soldato
I LOVED my phase 3 China blue 306 GTI-6. Way more than the 2x 205 GTI’s I had before it.

Quick enough when needed, the 6 speed box was a work of art, it sounded amazing on a stock exhaust, it had the slightly larger size and weight over the 205 which made it feel more planted, had passive rear wheel steer which meant it could corner on rails and had reasonable creature comforts that the 205 lacked, making it a bit more civilised.

I loved mine too. But had a couple of occasions when I was hard on brakes into a corner and backend went super light. Great car.

Back
Top Bottom