An amusing murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This likkle artikle had me in stitches. It's a serious and true story of a man who murdered his wifey. The story is of an Amish (religious cult) family who met a born again Christian. If you read it in a light hearted way it's guarranteed to make you giggle, even though it's a serious subject. Best read after a few Scrumpy Jacks. It shows how incompetent religious beliefs can be and the stupidity of Man. It's well written and well worth a read. It's a long read but well worth the effort. It's a story I hoped would never end. Doc Terrel is a laugh and a half. For the Girleys amongst you it gets a bit gory after page 11.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/family/gingerich/1.html?sect=12

Caporegime
Ummm...

Where was the humour?

Having read through the article, I didn't manage to see why it was amusing.

Voyeuristically enthralling, possibly (if it wasn;t so interminably prosaic), but not really very funny.

Did I miss something (except for a very naughty word - Bad Don)

Suspended
I love reading the crime library although after reading some of the stories my hairs do stand on end.

Pretty interesting read, not quite sure what you find funny in it however but then I haven't had a few scrumpy Jacks :)

Soldato
Superb read, took me a long time to get through though! Thanks for that Beaky!
That is one seriously disturbed individual, and in my opinion one seriously messed up religious cult, as was the 'christian' to whom it should have been obvious that this was a mentally disturbed individual that he should have not been trying to confuse, however "good" he thought his intentions were.
It's obvious there were other contributing factors to the murder, including the cult, his christian 'friend', and his own mental disposition.
Beaky is correct (IMO) in that there are some parts of it that are so wildly absurd as to be funny!
5 star thread ;)

Associate
A great read Beaky.

Of course it is a serious and sad matter, but I would have to confess that the treatments from the Doc did get me giggling. A foot massage and some mollasses! :eek: :p

Associate
Did no one else find it funny when they thought he was cured and he suddenly awoke and ran around the room on all fours?

And again on page 9... woah this is getting messed up. Like a real life version of the exorcist or something.

That is horrific.
And he's out there now :eek:

Soldato
A good read. Their ways are amusing, and the fact that the guy committed such a butal murder and got off with a minimal sentence is a little shocking.

Their local doctor was hillarious too... blackstrap molasses :D

Soldato
Murder weopon of choice
08.jpg

;)

Soldato
An interesting read. I'm shocked that they let him out in the end though, especially as he has had some relapses since being released.

Soldato
i am not sure if i find this amusing at all!

sad really.

its scary how badly he was failed by that quack herbal/faith/no drugs doctor and the 'english' doctors.

Soldato
Originally posted by gjrc
i am not sure if i find this amusing at all!

sad really.

its scary how badly he was failed by that quack herbal/faith/no drugs doctor and the 'english' doctors.

I think it's scary that he killed his wife in front of his own children and is now back on the streets. What if the little boy hadn't gone for help? Would they all have been murdered in cold blood? I find it strange how when he was taken to the hospital that he pretended to be normal to the extent that he was believable, maybe he was pretending to be ill?

Associate
No the bloke was nut's without a doubt, i feel he could not free himself from religion and started to blame his wife, added to this the christian bloke filling his head with a different thinking of religion made this man more confused, on top of all this he was suffering from depression, i feel the bloke was a bomb and the fuse was lit a long time before the bomb went off, this means he and the people around him were let down by the doctors who should have kept this man locked up until a full assessment was carried out.

Soldato
Can't say I agree, lots of people pretend they are ill when they aren't. I don't think he was failed by the doctors. He should have been put in a prison and got life not a nice cozy mental hospital only to be released after a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom