ANC headphones for glasses?

Soldato
hey guys,

been to Specsavers today for an eye test. need glasses now, eye-sight..not the greatest. however. I just got some new Bowers and Wilkins PX7 headphones and I worry they might be too tight when I get my glasses next week.

So..im looking for suggestions to headphones that are comfortable to use with glasses (soft ear cushions basically). After recommendations I will buy another pair and when I get my glasses next week, decide what ones to go back, depending on the comfort and fit.

Looking for ANC, price around 100-250 mark.

Thanks people! :)

Associate
I don't have any headphone choices for you, but I've worn glasses for quite a few years and recently I've been wearing a frameless pair which have quite flexible thin legs and I imagine they would be fine with leather style earpads - I can't say for certain though as I only have Sennheiser HD515s which have soft pads on them, they've always been fine with any glasses but the thinner legged glasses I went for this time are definitely more comfortable.

Soldato
My only recommendation from always wearing glasses with headphones, stick to soft fabric cups and ones that you can replace every few years like on Beyerdynamics and Sennheiser's. Anything with faux leather will rub away over time and you'll notice little black bits stuck to you.

Soldato
OP
thanks guys!

My Current PX7's have pretty soft ear cups and the glasses im getting are thin frames, Steve Jobs style :cry:

Will report back on the situation once I get them next week!

Associate
it will take you a while to get use to becoming a glasses wearer I wouldn’t rush into buying anything new to accommodate your glasses. I am sure your current set will be fine once you are use to wearing glasses.

Soldato
OP
it will take you a while to get use to becoming a glasses wearer I wouldn’t rush into buying anything new to accommodate your glasses. I am sure your current set will be fine once you are use to wearing glasses.

yeah, good point. I have had a good look at the earcups, and they are very very soft, so hopefully they will be ok With slimline glasses, and like you say, once they become second nature to wear..

Soldato
The following ANCs all are absolutely fine with my fairly thick plastic rims:
Sony WH1000XM2/3/4
Bose QC35 / NC700
B&O H9i 3rd Gen

All seem to seal fine, no undue pressure, I hardly feel them over the glasses.

I struggle with some over ears though, my gamning headphones, the Lucid Sound LS35x seems to clamp a little, but the Logitech headsets are excruciating!

As people say, the glasses will take getting used to anyway, give them time.

Soldato
OP
The following ANCs all are absolutely fine with my fairly thick plastic rims:
Sony WH1000XM2/3/4
Bose QC35 / NC700
B&O H9i 3rd Gen

All seem to seal fine, no undue pressure, I hardly feel them over the glasses.

I struggle with some over ears though, my gamning headphones, the Lucid Sound LS35x seems to clamp a little, but the Logitech headsets are excruciating!

As people say, the glasses will take getting used to anyway, give them time.
thanks for that. do you have any experience with Bowers & Wilkins PX7??? they are a soft lambskin I believe so should be ok.

Like you said to give them time to "bed in".

Soldato
thanks for that. do you have any experience with Bowers & Wilkins PX7??? they are a soft lambskin I believe so should be ok.

Like you said to give them time to "bed in".
Sadly, I’ve not had a chance to borrow the PX7, it’s on the list to try, but I can’t imagine they will be vastly different to the others.

There are many styles of glasses, none of mine seem to ever cause issues, except a Logitech headset I use to use for gaming, I had to buy different ear pads to alleviate things but they clamped so hard they where never comfortable with or without glasses.

Back
Top Bottom