Android, Bluetooth Calls & A Desktop Mic

Associate
I have my phone (Nokia 7 Plus) paired with my desktop machine (which runs the latest KDE Neon) via Bluetooth. I can use the media controls on the desktop to control the YouTube app (and I presume others such VLC) on the phone and I can hear the audio as it is routed from the phone to the desktop over the Bluetooth link.

What I would really like to do is have my desktop mic routed back to the phone so that I can not only hear calls but also talk without having to use the phone's mic (i.e. full hands-free).

Is this possible? Thanks. :)

Man of Honour
I know this isn't what you are asking. But an alternative solutuon I use is to have a Skype number (an actual phone number, not just a free Skype account). I then set my phone to forward calls to my Skype number. So if someone calls me then Skype 'rings' on my phone, tablet, laptop and desktop at the same time. I have a high quality microphone and headphones on my desktop.

I can also use it to make calls, although the number people see is my Skype number rather than my mobile number. Another advantage is that international calls are incredibly cheap.

It's not a free option but it works for me and I thought I would mention it as no-one else has replied yet.

Soldato
I know this isn't what you are asking. But an alternative solutuon I use is to have a Skype number (an actual phone number, not just a free Skype account). I then set my phone to forward calls to my Skype number. So if someone calls me then Skype 'rings' on my phone, tablet, laptop and desktop at the same time. I have a high quality microphone and headphones on my desktop.

I can also use it to make calls, although the number people see is my Skype number rather than my mobile number. Another advantage is that international calls are incredibly cheap.

It's not a free option but it works for me and I thought I would mention it as no-one else has replied yet.

There are much better VoIP options than Skype on your computer. Granted they may not be as easy to use but the features beat Skype every time.

Back
Top Bottom