Android Pay cash back?

Soldato
Might sound like a stupid question but can I get cash back using my mobile? Only reason I ask is the store I want a car wash from only takes cash and I never bring my wallet. I assume it's possible to go into a coop and ask for cash back using my phone?

Couldn't find a answer in google

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

It's Google Pay, now :)
Has anyone come across a terminal that actually allows a more than £30 spend when using Google or Apple Pay?

The 30 quid limit doesn't apply if the device is protected by a password, pin or fingerprint (which you have to re-enter for transactions above 30 quid). I regularly spend up to 100 quid at the local Sainsburys using my android device.

Associate
Yeah I know that, though I've not tried Sainsbury's. It doesn't work in Tesco, at least not on self serve. The phone will act as though the transaction is going ahead, but the terminal will say that this payment can't be used.
TBF I've not tried many places!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Install your bank's app and see if it supports the feature to withdraw cash from an ATM using your phone. Barclays allows this, as do some others. But only with compatible ATMs. The app will show your nearest ones.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Yeah I know that, though I've not tried Sainsbury's. It doesn't work in Tesco, at least not on self serve. The phone will act as though the transaction is going ahead, but the terminal will say that this payment can't be used.
TBF I've not tried many places!

I've never used it for more that 30 quid at self service, only at manned tills.

Back
Top Bottom