Android phone 3.5" 1GHz 512mb ram for £35

Personally I think you need a min of a dual core and a quality screen to really use android. The difference between a G300 Ascend (Single Core 1Ghz) and a Samsung Ace II (Dual 800mhz) is just staggering in terms of usability.

Personally I think you need a min of a dual core and a quality screen to really use android. The difference between a G300 Ascend (Single Core 1Ghz) and a Samsug Ace II (Dual 800mhz) is just staggering in terms of usability.

My two years old Galaxy S running 4.1.2 would like to disagree. A better processor would help but it's far from being a requirement. especially when you consider that they over clock well past their default specs.

You hit a heavy website or application that can use the dual core and you'd notice a big difference. The Galaxy S has a fantastic screen and a fast graphics processor. Which you won't have in a budget phone. The Galaxy S was a top end phone in its day, it was direct competitor to the iPhone 4.

You hit a heavy website or application that can use the dual core and you'd notice a big difference. The Galaxy S has a fantastic screen and a fast graphics processor. Which you won't have in a budget phone. The Galaxy S was a top end phone in its day, it was direct competitor to the iPhone 4.

I don't disagree, but claiming that you need a minimum dual core to really use Android is a bold statement. It runs just fine on good single core CPUs.

I think my sons are going to buy one of these for their moms xmas pres shortly so I'll have a little play after I pick it up in the next few days.

How would this compare to an iphone 3G? I plan to get an S3 or N4 in the new year and want something to tide me over til then. As I cant update the IOS anymore my Iphone is basically a brick.

My girlfriends original Desire has all but died.

Thinking about buying this for her as she has another 8 months left of her contract..

She uses Tesco mobile, I believe tesco piggy back of off o2 so this should be ok, right?

She either has a Desire, or Desire S. How does this compare?

I don't disagree, but claiming that you need a minimum dual core to really use Android is a bold statement. It runs just fine on good single core CPUs.

I'll agree to disagree. In the context of a budget phone, with a so so screen you'll be able to use them, but it will not be the finest of experiences.

People spending £35 (Alcatel) or £70 (G300) on an Android phone aren't going to expect the finest of experiences. These are targeted at people who don't feel the need to be constantly fiddling with their phones.

Run just fine suggests it will. For me the biggest problem on the G300 is poor response on screen with it sometime taking numerous presses to register a button press. It can make txting painful for example and some games frustrating. Samsung Europa was the same. I'd hardly call that " constantly fiddling". So I'd advise people to try this before buying. Maybe when you try it, you'll be happy with it.

That said if you want a bargain, and are aware there's going to be some compromises, then there's no problem. You'll be happy at getting a good deal. One thing an android phone does give you is access to the play store so you can download lots of things to make life easier. You can't do that easily on a budget non smartphone.

I've got one, my first Android phone. It's great for the net compared to my e72(though that's not saying much). However as a phone it's quite poor; poor mic quality, very poor speaker quality and very quiet ringing, it seems to have an ascending ring tone, which as of yet i'm unable to disable. But overall it's much better than my e72 just for the Internet.

Back
Top Bottom