Android phone <£400

Soldato
I am looking to pick up a phone for the Mrs for ~£400. She currently has the S10e.
I know these sorts of threads pop up quite regularly but since I moved to iPhone I’ve been out of the Android game for a while.
I know with these things it helps to be clear and concise:

• Not looking for a massive screen, I reckon around 6.4ish is the maximum
  • A decent camera - doesn’t need to be world beating but want something that will do for decent photos of our little one
  • Wireless charging would be a bonus but by no means a deal breaker
  • Needs to last 3-4 years so good s/w support would be a must
  • Basically so long as she can scour Instagram and play Candy Crush (don’t ask!) she’ll be happy
Since the only non-Samsung device she’s had was the Pixel 2 I would be inclined to go Samsung to avoid being a pseudo tech support agent for the next month but I’m happy to take alternative suggestions. I am currently looking at the A52s (originally looked at A53 but general consensus seems to be the A52s is the better phone?). Quite frankly the Pixel 6a would probably have been perfect but unfortunately don’t have the luxury of waiting until August while the Pixel 5 seems to be difficult to come by (new).

Soldato
I'm basically in agreement with what's already been said, but get her to look at one in a shop, because there's quite a size difference, and if it doesn't fit conveniently in a handbag the world might end.

Soldato
I am looking to pick up a phone for the Mrs for ~£400. She currently has the S10e.
I know these sorts of threads pop up quite regularly but since I moved to iPhone I’ve been out of the Android game for a while.
I know with these things it helps to be clear and concise:

• Not looking for a massive screen, I reckon around 6.4ish is the maximum
  • A decent camera - doesn’t need to be world beating but want something that will do for decent photos of our little one
  • Wireless charging would be a bonus but by no means a deal breaker
  • Needs to last 3-4 years so good s/w support would be a must
  • Basically so long as she can scour Instagram and play Candy Crush (don’t ask!) she’ll be happy
Since the only non-Samsung device she’s had was the Pixel 2 I would be inclined to go Samsung to avoid being a pseudo tech support agent for the next month but I’m happy to take alternative suggestions. I am currently looking at the A52s (originally looked at A53 but general consensus seems to be the A52s is the better phone?). Quite frankly the Pixel 6a would probably have been perfect but unfortunately don’t have the luxury of waiting until August while the Pixel 5 seems to be difficult to come by (new).

Jump on this

Soldato
I got a new old stock retail boxed oppo find x2pro for £300 (from a laptop online shop) ,the specs are still excellent ,camera was top of my list and its superb even coming from mate 20 pro (oppo much better),this has a telephoto and ois ,also very lush very bright screen ,tbh i could just go on about it for ages.
my mate 20 pro seemed to scratch easily but i removed the protector on this and its totally pristine ,i just used the supplied clear cover for the back
only negative 6.7 inch (if you want 6.4inch but doesn't feel big)
no wireless charging but tbh i use all day and night then let it supercharge while i have breakfast and its good to go again

Back
Top Bottom