Android phone with iPhone build quality?

Izi

Izi

Soldato
So I have no problem with Android. What I do have a problem with is android phones build quality. They are all plastic and often just feel cheap. The iPhone undoubtedly is a better quality phone, so I was wondering: What android phone is out at the moment or due out which rivals the iPhone build quality?

Associate
HTC one
Sony Xperia Z/Z1
Nexus 4

Soon Nexus 5

I have the Xperia Z and its by far the best build quality phone I have used in a long time! Its the only reason I won't go to Samsung is because of their plasticy build..

Soldato
HTC one
Sony Xperia Z/Z1
Nexus 4

Soon Nexus 5

I have the Xperia Z and its by far the best build quality phone I have used in a long time! Its the only reason I won't go to Samsung is because of their plasticy build..

Don't have any personal experience with the Sony phones, however you should take the Nexus 4 off that list. Doesn't come close.

The Nexus 5 could be another matter so I'm not going to say anything, however I have my doubts.

Not saying that the N4 is bad as it is among the better ones, however it isn't anything like the HTC One or the iPhone 5/5S.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't have any personal experience with the Sony phones, however you should take the Nexus 4 off that list. Doesn't come close.

The Nexus 5 could be another matter so I'm not going to say anything, however I have my doubts.

Not saying that the N4 IS bad as it is among the better ones, however it isn't anything like the HTC One or the iPhone 5/5S.

I've never used the N4 or seen one in the flesh just thought it looked better than others out there, my friend had a N4 but swapped it for a HTC ONE in red, which looks sweet!

Sonys are great just find they are quite cumbersome to hold due to the fact they are generous with their bezels.. We'll see what the Xperia Z1 mini will be like :)

Soldato
If build quality is your primary concern, it's purely your perception of it. I get a device that suits my needs(most premium devices are built to last) HTC One certainly feels the best.

Soldato
HTC have great aluminium based designs but they're let down by terrible plastic components and average build quality. No idea about the latest batch Sony phones, they usually have brittle plastics too. If your only using it for a year get the HTC.

Samsung will be bringing out a premium galaxy F line soon I think?

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Nothing comes close to the iPhone tbh the z1 maybe and the z/ one come close too but I still think iPhone5 has the best build quality

Man of Honour
Of the good Android phones, the HTC One is as close as you're going to get (for perceived quality).

I've not actually seen an Oppo phone in person but they are meant to be good as well.

Caporegime
this isnt an option to buy but my motorola razr has excellent buuld quality, kevlar back, metal middle and really good glass front
my nexus was pants (samsung) and it was more than just perceived.

id go htc one for current phone build quality

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom