Android unit, trying to mirror phone and get internet too, need help

Associate
One thing you might not know is that USB tethering doesn't actually become active until you plug it in.
On my phone here USB tethering is grey and can't be selected. As soon as I plug my phone into the computer it wakes up and I can turn it on.

Soldato
Does that device just mirror the phone ?
or can I use the 4G from my phone but using the apps on my cars unit?
Well it launches CarPlay on the iPhone and android auto on android phones. You are still using your phone for 4G, playing music etc..
So in essence it mirrors your phone via the particular car app you’re using..

Associate
It sounds like you've got the screen mirroring working correctly. You mentioned about not being able to control your phone from the headunit, but that's not what screen mirroring is. Screen mirroring is just displaying your phones screen on another display.

Setting up a mobile hotspot on your phone to allow the headunit to share you're mobile internet connection should be straightforward. What make/model mobile areyou using?

Underboss
OP
It sounds like you've got the screen mirroring working correctly. You mentioned about not being able to control your phone from the headunit, but that's not what screen mirroring is. Screen mirroring is just displaying your phones screen on another display.

Setting up a mobile hotspot on your phone to allow the headunit to share you're mobile internet connection should be straightforward. What make/model mobile areyou using?

i am using :

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Back
Top Bottom