android v14

Associate
I apologise if this has been discussed before anyway I'm not technically minded so please be patient like most of you with android phones you will have version 14 if I'm right my question is can I go back to say version 13 or 12 and if so how do I do it please thank you very much

Associate
OP
As I understand it depends very much on the exact model of phone
wow thanks very much for your quick reply the one I want to go back a version is a galaxy A34 5G the reason for this is because I've got android autos in my car and I want to view YouTube on it and it can be done but you have to have a earlier version of android I hope I am making sense thanks again

Associate
I think with A series Samsungs the easiest approach is to contact a Samsung service centre and ask, alternatively you'd have to go digging around on the Android developer (XDA) forums.

Pretty sure going backwards amounts to something similar to a factory reset too so as ever, back up anything and everything important.

Associate
OP
I think with A series Samsungs the easiest approach is to contact a Samsung service centre and ask, alternatively you'd have to go digging around on the Android developer (XDA) forums.

Pretty sure going backwards amounts to something similar to a factory reset too so as ever, back up anything and everything important.
Thank you very much for your time I really appreciate it and I will have a look around

Associate
OP
I'm going to leave things as they are as my phone is concerned I only wanted YouTube on so when I'm at the doctors with the messies I can watch YouTube or when I'm waiting for the kids the grandkids it's just something to watch that's all

Soldato
Under certain circumstances with Samsung phones you can go back to a previous version, without tripping knox, but this does result in a total phone wipe. But for all intents if will still be all genuine.

And this is only if the current software your wanting to revert from is not a generational leap away from the version you actually want to go back to. This will be down to a bootloader version if I remember rightly. My gut feeling is that if you've updated from Android 13 to the new version 14, then your out of luck. If it was an incremental update that was still within the current OS version then you may be in luck.

It's been a while since I faffed around doing this with a Samsung phone, so you would definitely want to get some up to date advice from XDA.

Mick

Associate
OP
Under certain circumstances with Samsung phones you can go back to a previous version, without tripping knox, but this does result in a total phone wipe. But for all intents if will still be all genuine.

And this is only if the current software your wanting to revert from is not a generational leap away from the version you actually want to go back to. This will be down to a bootloader version if I remember rightly. My gut feeling is that if you've updated from Android 13 to the new version 14, then your out of luck. If it was an incremental update that was still within the current OS version then you may be in luck.

It's been a while since I faffed around doing this with a Samsung phone, so you would definitely want to get some up to date advice from XDA.

Mick
hi Mick I apologise for not getting back to you sooner I really appreciate the advice and will take it on board thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom