Anime books / comics suggestion

Soldato
What I want is book / comic with beautiful artwork,

Looking to get a friend some as she likes Anime (but will not order anything online, or go anywhere to look for herself)

I snagged a few of amazon but ended up with black and white images or no pictures

any suggestions appreciated

Soldato
Manga doesn’t tend to have beautiful artwork, more functional. If you look beyond manga then there’s plenty of graphic novels with great art.

Soldato
I'm not a big comic book person but notable books I might recommend are Maus which is abut the Holocaust but not beautiful art. 300 by Frank Miller is very very stylised. I only havea few, Manga Attack on Titan and Battle Angle Alita. Of the two Alita is the prettier but hardly wonderful art.

Associate
What I want is book / comic with beautiful artwork,

Looking to get a friend some as she likes Anime (but will not order anything online, or go anywhere to look for herself)

I snagged a few of amazon but ended up with black and white images or no pictures

any suggestions appreciated

Sounds like you snagged yourself some manga and light novels!

Suggestions

Scrap the idea completely, get her something like a Displate. They seem pretty cool and have anime art IIRC.
Look more at graphic novels. I read some of Saga a while back now, can't remember much of it now. I'm bought my niece Amulet, but that's aimed at kids - though that's not a bad thing, Harry Potter exists and adults love that.
If she like Harry Potter, there's some hardback illustrated editions which are good - ignore the paperback illustrated ones as they have far far less illustrations, at least when I compared the first.
Get her an Art of book, I'd imagine there's an Art of Studio Ghibli book out there

Fairly sure there are apps on the play store that allows you to read manga through them if she doesn't want to go anywhere, there's also an open source manga reader for android, which allows you to add your own books and tracks them on websites such as myanimelist, that's not on the Play store though.

Soldato
Can you suggest any? this might actually be what I really want to find

Slaine by Pat Mills and Clint Langley has some amazing art

300 by Frank Miller (mentioned above) is a good call

The Ballad of Halo Jones is much more story driven and may appeal more. Superb art too.

Associate
Art being subjective and all , these were the comics/manga's i enjoyed

Blankets - Craig Thompson
Palestine - Joe sacco
Homunculus - H yamamoto
Y: The last man

Soldato
OP
Personally I wouldn't have thought she'd want something that she wouldn't be willing to buy online or even look for for herself! :confused:

She has extreme anxiety, is terrified of the Internet, olny usually travels from home to work (works and lives with her mum and dad)... No netflix, no amazon prime, no Internet, no email

Girl has issues! I wanted to try and get her something interesting

Back
Top Bottom