Annoying BF2 problem

Soldato
Basically to cut a long story short, old monitor died to I bought myself a rather nice samsung 22inch (P2270) cheap from my old workplace (abit of "del boy discount" :p)

Anyway since having the new monitor, BF2 refuses to actually play. Im guessing its the new monitor which is why but I've not had a problem with a few others games I've tried since I set it up earlier lol. Really annoying!

Old monitor native res was 1280x1024, this one is 1920x1080

Any ideas how to reset the video file etc to make this actually work again -.-

Just spend ages downloading the 1.5 patch as well :(

Soldato
Widescreen is fully supported in the 1.5 patch i would suggest deleting your cache or download BF2cleaner (google is your friend) and remove the cache files.

Its not advised to edit the BF2 .CON files that make up your profile as they can create some problems, if nothing else works delete your entire battlefield2 folder from your "My Documents" and start the game up with a fresh set of settings just make sure you know your account name and password.

Soldato
OP
Widescreen is fully supported in the 1.5 patch i would suggest deleting your cache or download BF2cleaner (google is your friend) and remove the cache files.

Its not advised to edit the BF2 .CON files that make up your profile as they can create some problems, if nothing else works delete your entire battlefield2 folder from your "My Documents" and start the game up with a fresh set of settings just make sure you know your account name and password.

Thanks for the reply, just tried all things stated, including disabling movies, getting the program to put my account details to default etc and cleaning my graphics settings and it still does the same thing -.-

Looks like a full install again sigh lol

Soldato
remember to remove your Battlefield 2 folder from my documents (this is a known bug and will never be fixed).

What OS are you running?

Aod

Aod

Soldato
if you'd manually set the resolution in the game shortcut the problem would have gone away without having to reinstall :(

i'm sorry i didn't get here earlier.

Associate
Sometimes just editing the video.con files in the profiles directory can get around this as well. Doesn't always work if you edit them with your correct res but if you set it to the default 800x600 and 60Hz it normally lets you load up and then set it in game to what you need.

Back
Top Bottom