Annoying Fornite 'crash detected' on startup

Associate
My 14 year old son plays this game on his PC and just at the end of the loading progress bar, he keeps getting the error message 'Application Crash Detected'. It's quite random and it will load after 5 or 6 tries. Sometimes it will load first time, but mostly this happens. All his drivers are up to date, BIOS, Windows Update etc. He has lots of other games that run flawlessly including games that are more resource hungry including FS 2020, COD etc. Google searches have come up with things like re-installing the game (done this) and changing the PSU (no, this is not a bad PSU). The specs of the PC should be able to run this game without issue. CPU/GPU temps are fine. Here are the specs: Apologies for the typo for the game in the title!

CPU: AMD R7 3800X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING X-570 PLUS
RAM: 32gb 3200
PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 750W
HDD: 4 x 500gb Samsung EVO 860 (20+gb free on average per drive). Not in RAID array.

Last edited:
Associate
Has this just started happening as a few times in the past my son has the same problem after a game update.
The following day epic releases a patch that fixes it.

Associate
OP
Has this just started happening as a few times in the past my son has the same problem after a game update.
The following day epic releases a patch that fixes it.

It's been happening for some time, a month or so. Even uninstalling and reinstalling does not seem to help. Surely his pc can run this game?

Associate
It will be Fortnite and not the PC.
I did the same reinstalled, did the file check thing, reinstalled video drivers, remove virus software.
Two PCs in our house both same spec (much lower then yours) just different make M/B, PSU, RAM one never has a problem while its happened twice with the other, but the following day epic fixed it with a patch.
Its a shame as your son just wants to play his game. My son said there is a new update coming this Thursday that might fix it.

Back
Top Bottom