Annual leave during notice period

Soldato
I've currently got 1 week booked off (approved) within my notice period (I've yet to hand in but it's planned..). Are there ways the company can stop me going? (note I may have not accrued enough leave for this... But I'm fine with taking it unpaid etc)

I've read company policy online which states ".... during the notice the company may refuse leave and make a compensatory payment which effectively buys out the leave"

If I've not signed anything I assume this can't be enforced? (I doubt they'll be too fussy about me going tbh)

Caporegime
not sure but if it is approved then I wouldn't stand for any nonsense from them - especially if you've booked/paid for a holiday

Soldato
OP
not sure but if it is approved then I wouldn't stand for any nonsense from them - especially if you've booked/paid for a holiday

Yes I've booked/paid. (otherwise this wouldn't be too much of an issue as I try to be flexible!)

Unfortunately it's only been verbally approved but I've got emails from months back asking for it etc.

Man of Honour
As long as they give you 1 weeks notice they can do as they wish. Actually it may be double the leave period, so 2 weeks notice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom