Another 1st Car Query

Soldato
Hey Guys,

I've not actually passed my test yet, ive had a fair amount of lessons over the years and hope to take it in a few months after my holiday and uni finished. Im just looking around for cars at the moment, or at least ideas so i can get saving. I might get a brand new one from ford as my uncle works for a subsidary and can get upto 33% off (upto, depends on car no doubt).

I quite like the new Ford Fiest 06 Models, im not to worried about speed or performance as long as itll get me from A to B so what a 1.4 would be fine i guess? (car n00b)

What i do like is a good style / interior on the car - i like the side skirty bits to match the car colour, and a nice interior with some cool features.

Im 21 at the moment and would like to spend no more then £300 a month on both Insurance + Car (if thats possible??) if i get the job i want i would push that to £400. What kind of options are there? i would prefer some sort of finance agreement, as im not great at saving - but any opinions would be great.

Any one got interior pics of the new fiesta's?

Also i apologise if i sound a complete n00b or have stupid ideas, i know not a lot about cars so i may be asking the impossible.

Thanks in advance

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Don't waste your money on an 06 car - especially if you are not that fussed about cars and purely want a no fuss way of getting from A to B.

its not so fussed about cars as such - just not about performance. Its hard to explain, but it doesnt have to be a rocket - just a solid nice looking car, good features.

Im not a boy racer (despite living in essex)

Soldato
OP
ajgoodfellow said:
I'd get a quote from the Admiral group (Admiral, Elephant or Bell) and add your Mum as a named second driver (keep the policy in your own name)

This is completely above board as the insurance is in your name and you're the main driver but it'll save you a few hundred pounds on your insurance

i just did it on a single policy, not multiCar

got my friend to check it after they gave me

our Price is £1405.15

for 10month + £250 excess.... cheapest before was like £1980.

thats on a Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6 2006 Model

Soldato
OP
ajgoodfellow said:
Are you a student?

If so, try Endsleigh

Im not sure, i could ask - i didnt even realise that you could buy second hand direct from Ford - like i say im a bit of a n00b; id get my dad to help me out anyway (at uni atm) hes well into cars, just wanted some other opinions

saitrix - i assumed the discount from my uncle would be on a new car thats all - im not saying i def will - just one route i could take

Soldato
OP
Cyanide said:
You should be able to get it on a Ford approved second hand car as far as I know (my fiance's grandad used to work for them).

Your local Ford dealer should have looooooads in and they're a much better option than a new one :)

Thats cool then, so a nice Focus thats a few years old could be a better option you think?

Soldato
OP
PMKeates said:
You live in Southend.

You are lying! :p

As soon as you drive a car for the first time on your own, in Essex, your mind is altered by the God of Racing and you right foot becomes very, very heavy.

Not at all :p

Driving although fun has never bothered me too much, all my mates drive most since 17 but i was quite happy to wait.

:)

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Why do you need to spend £9k on a financed up first car?

Seriously you'll get a nice Focus for under £4k - it's only your first car.

its all just ideas at the mo, i may well do that - i may get a £300 banger.

Depends on my job situation at the time, and other things.

Its all advice at the moment

Soldato
OP
well it might still get me there, but i may have to push it :D

but its a fair few months off yet any hoo - no harm in being prepared and having an idea of what to get.

Back
Top Bottom