Another 1st Car Query

Soldato
McDaniel said:
Im not a boy racer
You live in Southend.

You are lying! :p

As soon as you drive a car for the first time on your own, in Essex, your mind is altered by the God of Racing and you right foot becomes very, very heavy.

Soldato
OP
Cyanide said:
You should be able to get it on a Ford approved second hand car as far as I know (my fiance's grandad used to work for them).

Your local Ford dealer should have looooooads in and they're a much better option than a new one :)

Thats cool then, so a nice Focus thats a few years old could be a better option you think?

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Even a car I hate, the Corsa, is unlikely to give 'so many problems'.
Agree. It falls in to the "not a lot to go wrong" category. Parts are unstressed, readily available and cheap. A Corsa is unlikely to bankrupt you.

If you must have a small car, go for a Fiesta 1.25 Zetec. Any bigger and go for a Focus, or a Xsara if they are too much money.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
zain said:
Personally, Ford, Vauxhall,Peugot, etc give so many problems I just dont like them :/

Wow, who'd have thought? I mean, those are mass manufacturers - you'd think it would be hugely statistically unlikely for problems to occur in cars from those companies, with the hundreds of thousands of cars they build each year....

....alright, that's used up my sarcasm quotient for today. Any further sarcasm y'all see tonight from me will have to come from tomorrow's tally.

Soldato
OP
PMKeates said:
You live in Southend.

You are lying! :p

As soon as you drive a car for the first time on your own, in Essex, your mind is altered by the God of Racing and you right foot becomes very, very heavy.

Not at all :p

Driving although fun has never bothered me too much, all my mates drive most since 17 but i was quite happy to wait.

:)

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
At least the interior is only awful in terms of asthetics - it's a bit love/hate.

I agree with that but I wasn't all that impressed with the quality either, it didn't feel as nice as the Mk 4 Astra

McDaniel said:
are Ford stereo parts easy to change, cos they use like really big radio bits dont they?

They do but you can get fascia adaptors so you can used standard aftermarket stereos

M0T

M0T

Soldato
Cyanide said:
Damn... I can insure a 1.7 Puma for that! 'tis amazing what that first year no claims can do :D

But why would you spend 2.5k insuring a dog slow puma when you could get something a lot faster for the money?

Soldato
saitrix said:
With 1 NCB and 18 im looking at £950 fully comp for my Focus. :confused:

Where are you people getting these quotes from?!?!?!? :(

And I know the puma's not all that fast, but 1) it's a whole load faster than my getz and 2) it looks grrrreat! :D

Back
Top Bottom