Another 2 day training plan - good or bad?

Soldato
Hey folks, during my quest of consistent gym-going I have been doing the following for the last few months, on a 2 day gym visit.

Whilst most people may say 2 days is not enough, I am consistent, a lot of people go to the gym 5 days a week then bail out after a month due to being bored etc so I always feel a consistent 2 days is, well, at least, consistent :D

My aim is to try and get more size on biceps, overall core strength, my chest is pretty good (albeit would be better a bit more toned even though its fairly bulky!)

Day 1

Height 6ft1 Weight 95-96kg

3 x 8 sets of DB Chest Press @36kg
3 x 8 sets of Incline DB Press @ 24kg
3 x 8 sets of Standing BB Push-Press @ 50kg
3 x 8 sets of tricep skullcrushers bar @ 25kg
3 x 8 sets of high-cable crossover @ 21kg
4 x 10 sets of tricep rope pushdowns @ 28kg
1 x 10 minutes light cardio / fast walking.

Day 2

3 x 8 sets of DB Bent over row @ 32kg
3 x 8 sets of BB Bicep Curl @ 35kg
3 x 8 sets of Seated row @ forgotten(!) Remember when I am in the gym though!
3 x 8 sets of Lat pullldown @ 70kg
4 x 16 sets of seated calf raises
3 x 8 sets of Incline leg press @ 150kg
3 x 8 sets of bicep rope curls @ 28kg
3 x 6 sets of alternating single arm press-ups (with medicine ball)
1 x 10 minutes light cardio / fast walking

There may be a lack of enough leg workouts in there, but generally what are peoples thoughts on this, where to improve / swap out / increase etc?

I used a 'spare' day over the xmas break to do some deadlifts which were pretty fun, but I worry about form, so kept it to 90kg x 8 x 3.

Advice always welcome :)

Man of Honour
Hey folks, during my quest of consistent gym-going I have been doing the following for the last few months, on a 2 day gym visit.

Whilst most people may say 2 days is not enough, I am consistent, a lot of people go to the gym 5 days a week then bail out after a month due to being bored etc so I always feel a consistent 2 days is, well, at least, consistent :D

My aim is to try and get more size on biceps, overall core strength, my chest is pretty good (albeit would be better a bit more toned even though its fairly bulky!)

Day 1

Height 6ft1 Weight 95-96kg

3 x 8 sets of DB Chest Press @36kg
3 x 8 sets of Incline DB Press @ 24kg
3 x 8 sets of Standing BB Push-Press @ 50kg
3 x 8 sets of tricep skullcrushers bar @ 25kg
3 x 8 sets of high-cable crossover @ 21kg
4 x 10 sets of tricep rope pushdowns @ 28kg
1 x 10 minutes light cardio / fast walking.

Day 2

3 x 8 sets of DB Bent over row @ 32kg
3 x 8 sets of BB Bicep Curl @ 35kg
3 x 8 sets of Seated row @ forgotten(!) Remember when I am in the gym though!
3 x 8 sets of Lat pullldown @ 70kg
4 x 16 sets of seated calf raises
3 x 8 sets of Incline leg press @ 150kg
3 x 8 sets of bicep rope curls @ 28kg
3 x 6 sets of alternating single arm press-ups (with medicine ball)
1 x 10 minutes light cardio / fast walking

There may be a lack of enough leg workouts in there, but generally what are peoples thoughts on this, where to improve / swap out / increase etc?

I used a 'spare' day over the xmas break to do some deadlifts which were pretty fun, but I worry about form, so kept it to 90kg x 8 x 3.

Advice always welcome :)

Train legs. Both of them. Front and back.

Because squats make your back bigger, and deadlifts make your shoulders enormous.

Because what you are basically doing is a chestanbize routine which is fine as long as you have an equal number of leg/deadlift days.

Back
Top Bottom