(another) 20" WS recommendation thread

Associate
I'm in the market for a new monitor to replace my old 17" LG TFT, which is now rather beaten up, over used and too restrictive size/res-wise for photo-editting which I do a fare amount of.

Cue another recommendation thread ;)
Already said I do a good bit of photo-editting, but also it needs to be decent enough for games, and movie playback ability would be a bonus (though I'm guessing nearly anything on the market now will be better in all areas than my 3 year old LG).

Budget is at the low end I'm afraid, so ~£300-£350.
The Belinea and Viewsonic stand out for me, though I'm not too sure how they fair against each other, or if there's anything better for about the same cash. Also, which monitors support 1:1 pixel scaling, specifically for gaming?

Cheers

Associate
OP
Ideally no more than £350, which I know is rather limiting as far as the 20" market goes.
At a major push I might be able to jump to £400 if it was really, really worth the extra, but that would also have to include the shipping costs.

And cheers for the reply :)

Associate
its nice...i got one and love it apart from one dead pixel which Viewsonic are going to replace if I want. Its excellent for gaming...allthough others may argue about it not having 1:1 pixel mapping....one issue that I aint interested in anyway. All games I play are in widescreen or can be forced widescreen through tweaks...and evrything coming out now will or should have widescreen support. The viewsonic has a non-glare but slighly strange glittery coating which makes things a lot better IMO. Another issue is that it isnt to expensive for what you get...so good deal all round. Viewsonic also have a 'zero' dead pixel policy and will exchange with any backlight issues also.

Soldato
I bought the 2025 as I wanted widescreen. But now I sold it. This screen has major backlight issues. There are lots of people on these forums complaining about the bleeding from the different corners of the screen. At first I ignored it, but it started driving me nuts watching divx's. Have the 2025 sold to a mate now. Glad I kept my VX922. Not as nice in windows I know, but getting higher framerates at 1280 due to it running at 75hz, and virutally no bleed. So if backlight bleed annoys you, I don't recommend this screen.

Soldato
toxic said:
i Viewsonic also have a 'zero' dead pixel policy and will exchange with any backlight issues also.

Doesn't apply if you have a stuck pixel, which is what most people get though, rather then dead pixels. If you want to be able to exchange for a stuck pixel then you need to buy one of the VS pro series screens.

Associate
i also just bought the VX2020, so far very happy with it.

Fired up WoW and set the widescreen which it supports by default, it looks so good, only thing was i had to re-arrange my interface as the stuff thats normally to the right of the screen was now pretty much in the middle :eek: :D

So far very happy, cables keep nice n tidy as it's all behind clip on panels etc, i can see the bleed problem but only just, it hasnt had any effect on anything.

Quake looks great at that res too :)

I've just posted mine in the show tft set-up thread.

Also i recomment keeping your old TFT and gong for duel output, i couldnt go without it these days.

On a side note i'd not heard about this 1x1 pixel mapping thing when i ordered and may have gone another option if i had.

Back
Top Bottom