another 360 dies - result!

Associate
Yep, mines had it too it seems ...
no 3 red lights as of yet - but crashed to vertical white artifacts while playin viva pinata earlier - and now does the same 2-3 minutes into everything I've tried - demos & full games ....
Mine was an ebay purchase last year; 2nd hand mid-june, it was manufactured 2006-03-11 so i'll be calling MS asap - a couple of queries I'm hoping y'all can help with before I dop so:

- Is the right number: 0800 587 1102 ?

- I remember reading that there was some guide on what to try before you called support - so you could tell the call centre you had done everything within your power as it were - I can't find this, anyone have any ideas?

- Is there a good time to ring? - ie. if its 24hr - some places you get more sense in the middle of the night etc...

- Can i upgrade my warranty to 3yrs for £60 at the same time ? I've had no problems at all till now so I think it would be a good investment...

all in all I'm glad its gone now rather than after the warranty had expired :)
now lets just hope it can get back to MS and be replaced before my crackdown preorder arrives :)

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Only prob i see with calling ms is they might give you a refurbed unit instead of a brand new one.

Oh well another 360 bites the dust.

Associate
I have this exact same fault, freezing after a few minutes.

Called xbox support they said to send it back and it will cost me £70 for repair.

This is my second console which was a refurb, I bought the original on launch day so my warranty is up.
Dont think i can get and extended warranty, unless they give me a warranty on the next refurb. Cos when i questioned the fact they had given me a xbox that was older than the one i originally purchased she said all are refurbished to New Condition, so im thinking i can play on that and say they have to give me a warranty on the repair.

Sounds like a plan, I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Soldato
XPE said:
Only prob i see with calling ms is they might give you a refurbed unit instead of a brand new one.

Oh well another 360 bites the dust.

My flatmate sent his back.. and got the same one returned just with the 3 lights error sorted.

Same unit though.. has the same bit of paint on it :) and the gyroscope inside dosnt work so it thinks its always upright

Associate
woohoo

third phone call and i get it fixed under warranty after quoting this to them

Microsoft to refund repair fees for faulty Xbox 360s
Microsoft to refund repair fees for faulty Xbox 360s

Microsoft has said it will waive the cost of repairs on Xbox 360 consoles manufactured before 1st January 2006, and refund any fees already paid.

The company said that "standard and ongoing" analysis of its repair data had pointed to a large number of problems with a particular group of consoles that made up the initial manufacturing run.

"Returns for repair are coming in for a variety reasons and it's a higher rate than we are satisfied with," it said in a statement reported by The Mercury News.

"We've made the decision to comp repairs for consoles manufactured before January 1, 2006, and provide refunds to the small group of customers who have already paid for repairs."

Customers who have paid for repairs can expect a refund within three to four weeks.

The issue of hardware failures has affected consumers on both sides of the Atlantic, many of whom have voiced their annoyance at being asked to pay for repairs.

Microsoft has previously rejected claims of an unusually high hardware failure rate.

This was reported on several websites when I told the girl she had to go and check when she came back she told me I was right and that my repair would be warranty. My xbox360 was actually manufactured 4/10/2005.

Mud

Mud

Soldato
nintenjo said:
Same unit though.. has the same bit of paint on it :) and the gyroscope inside dosnt work so it thinks its always upright

Gyroscope?! I think it's a ball-bearing in a tube matey!

Caporegime
Good result chas, anyone still believe this bull about industry standards. I doubt they will make anything out of the 360 sales due to such high returns.

They wouldnt offer this service if they were within such low limits.

Associate
Ok, I've just tried this.. they will not budge! Claim that 'it's not on the official MS or xbox 360 website' and just tell me to get lost.

Whoever I was speaking to said that he's been to his supervisor many times about it, and that it is a 'rumor'.

I then mentioned that someone I knew (ok, slight stretch of the truth!) had got theirs fixed for free, outside of warranty, and he said he would only take that into account if I told him the details of that person (serial and so on). I of course didn't have this to hand so couldn't do it.

So is this quoted source official? What did you say/do to get them to budge! Really wound up here!

Back
Top Bottom