Another camera bag thread :D

OG

OG

Associate
Hey guys, in need of suggestions of shoulder camera bag...

I currently have a dakine sequence as my big trekking bag that I can put everything in and a Lowepro Nova as a shoulder bag I can put a few lenses in and my flash etc.

But now I need something small and subtle for when I'm just around town etc, I have seen some great suggestions on here before of some of these bags but can't seem to find these threads now.. so any suggestions would be great.

Just after something that I can put a 7d and two lenses in that doesn't scream 'hey everyone look at this bag I've got expensive camera stuff in me' and that isn't really bulky that just tucks nicely next to me rather than sticking out from my hip like the Lowepro does.

Cheers for your help gents!

OG

OG

Associate
OP
The Jackpack 3000 looks pretty good, I also managed to find the shootsac but seems rather pricey and can't find anywhere in the UK that deals with them!

I guess ideally something like this but with some dividers in it would be perfect!

Associate
Purchased a couple of these a little while ago when they were on sale for only £12 each...price has jumped a bit now though.

Nice and simple little bag.

GollaBag.jpg

Golla G775 (Medium Garner).

Associate
Lowepro Event Messenger series

Lowepro Exchange Messenger

Billingham Hadley (large size) in black - expensive, but will last years.

Tenba Messenger Mini

Domke F-5XZ RuggedWear Shoulder Bag

Associate
http://www.billingham.co.uk/acatalog/Hadleys.html

Check out any of the Billingham bags. Specifically the Hadley range for what you mentioned. If you want something subdued get one in black.

I bought a Hadley Large in black recently, easily will fit a bid DSLR with a couple of large lenses and a flash - whilst not looking or feeling bulky and looking very subdued! Im very happy with it. In all honesty this bag will outlive the cameras and lenses; its put together very well!!

OG

OG

Associate
OP
Just been looking at some Hadley videos and it does look perfect, a little bit pricey but I reckon I could find the money with Christmas funds

Associate
They are expensive, but you get what you pay for. As others have said, the black ones are very subdued and look like satchels rather than Camera bags. Nice bits of kit.

Associate
Think Tank's Retrospective line of bags are pretty nice too. I have a Hadley Pro which is very good, and a Domke F2 for when I need to carry more stuff or heading out to somewhere where I don't want to spoil the Hadley's looks.

Associate
Another bonus for the Hadleys (as you may have seen from the videos) is that the padded insert comes out very easily and leaves you with a basic satchel bag. Very handy for me; I just pull the insert out with my camera and lenses still in there and leave it to the side, and I can take the bag out and use it as my everyday bag. Two in one!

Back
Top Bottom