Another ebay problem!

Permabanned
Sorry, I know there are loads on this forum, but this is a strange one.

Sold a watch of my girlfriends for her on ebay. Nothing special, and it went for £13. In the auction we offered 2nd class delivery for £2 or recorded delivery for £6 or so.

The girl paid pretty quickly by paypal and we posted the day of so after. A couple of days later, I get this

HI THERE YOU SEEM A VERY BUSY SELLER BUT I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU COULD LET ME NO WHERE MY ITEM IS I.E HAS IT BEEN POSTED, AS IT WAS AN EASTER GIFT FOR A LOVED ONE.
KIND REGARDS KAY

I'm not really a busy seller at all, but I replied and told her it was already posted. She had only paid for 2nd class and it was the easter bank holidays, so I said it would probably be a week from the day I sent it.

About 6 hours later I then get this

hi, I am just emailing you to enquire whether the item has been posted yet as it is nearly a week since the item was won. if you could let me no
many thanks
kay

Again, I reply saying pretty much exactly the same thing as before. The nest day, I get this.
hello, i have contacted you on two occasions regarding the DKNY watch to no avail. this email is to inform you that i have no choice but to contact ebay over this matter and report the item not recieved.
regards
kay

I checked the dispute console, and there is nothing on there, but this is my reply anyway.

me said:
Hi there,

I have replied both times via email. I'm now trying over the the ebay website. This was posted on Tuesday last week, the day after payment had cleared.. It was sent 2nd class (you elected that method of postage rather than the more expensive recorded delivery option). There have only been 4 working days between when it was posted and today which is not unusual for 2nd class mail. By all means contact ebay, but I think that is very unfair as the item was posted within 48 hours of payment. If you needed this urgently, you really should have used the special delivery option that was offered. By the way, as I said, I have replied to both your previous emails. The address you have registered is *****@*****.ac.uk so you might want to make sure it's up to date and working.

Thanks

So cut to today, and I see that she has left me positive feedback with the following message - "lovely item, fast delivery pleasure to deal with, thankyou very much A**********"

Great! it's obviously turned up and she's happy! Oh no, I check my email and find the following

hi there i have left you feed back as you have for me as i think its unfair leaving negative feed back when it is possible to reslove a matter. unfortunately i stil havent recieved the item, i received your recent email however i didnt recieve any of the previous ones you stated you had sent in reply to mine. would you please email me with options to resolve this matter
kind regrds
kay

I'm stumped as to what to do to be honest. Does anyone else that reads her replies to get the impression that this could be 2 seperate people (possible hijacked account)? I'm half thinking that someone has access to her ebay account so wasn't seeing the email replies and can only see when I replied over the ebay messaging system. In any case, why would anyone leave positive feedback saying it was delivered when really it wasn't?

Hitman
Permabanned
Are her emails being sent directly from her or through ebay? I think it is very strange to leave positive feedback when she hasn't recieved the item. It's fair enough for a seller to do so if the buyer pays on time, but I see no need to respond, just because.
It seems like a strange thing to buy if it was a hijacked account. Does she have relatively low feedback? It could just be that she isn't used to the system and signed up a while ago on an email address she doesn't use any more. I know that I had an obselete email address on my ebay account for over a year as I could read any messages in "my ebay".

I'd send her another mail asking to contact you when she recieves the watch, as you won't find out through feedback now. If you are still worried then the best thing to do is contact ebay and tell them your concerns.

Permabanned
Maybe your emails are being wrongly identified as 'Junk Mail' and she isn't smart enough to check. While eBay emails are not identified as 'Junk' and therefore are getting through to her.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
i assume it was sent 2nd class and required a signiture on the other end?

if so ring the royalmail help line and quote the refrence.
On the other hand if u didnt send it signed for you've got your self a bit of a problem.

Permabanned
Hmm the fact you sent a email/question then she reposnds with its been a week = SCAMMER/Hacked.

Just contact eBay or Paypal. What was the item worth. I hope its not a lot as your up poo creek if its over £30 and its not recorded or tracked.

Soldato
She won't have much luck filing a complain seeing as she has left positive feedback already.

When you replied to the e-mail was it sent through eBay (ie. you had to click the yellow button in the e-mail to reply)?

If so check the URL that the button is taking you to, just in case.

Permabanned
OP
cheets64 said:
Just contact eBay or Paypal. What was the item worth. I hope its not a lot as your up poo creek if its over £30 and its not recorded or tracked.

It was only 13 quid, so not a big deal. I'm just wondering if there is a account owner that has actually recieved it and given feedback, and then someone else that has access to her account that is trying to get a refund out of me.

Permabanned
OP
OoOverclockaoO said:
She won't have much luck filing a complain seeing as she has left positive feedback already.

When you replied to the e-mail was it sent through eBay (ie. you had to click the yellow button in the e-mail to reply)?

If so check the URL that the button is taking you to, just in case.

When I replied via email, she reckons she didn't recieve anything. When I replied using the yellow button (so using the ebay messaging system) she got it. This is another thing that makes me think someone else has access to the account as she clearly is not seeing emails to her registered address.

Caporegime
Funnily enough ive just bought something on wed from ebay and as of yet i havent received it. Now the guy only offered 1st class shipping, which isnt a problem.
But usually after paying for an item i get the paypal confirmation email, i also get a email from the seller saying that my goods have been shipped out. Anyways since wed i havent heard a thing from this guy, other than a paypal confirmation email.
So i emailed him this morning, just enquiring as to what is happening and the silly idiot replies back saying that the item was sent out yesterday and if i cant wait a few days then i could go to a store and buy it for a lot more...:confused:. WTF is up with that sort of attitude, anyways emailed him back saying to chill out and stop getting so narky...all i did was ask if my item has been shipped out:confused:

Suffice to say if i get neg feedback, i will be giving him one..stupid fool tbh.

Associate
I think what is happening here is that her registered email address no longer works so she cant receive emails you send directly to her. However when you send an email through ebay she receives a copy of the email in her "Messages" section of My Ebay which she can read and reply to.

Shes not scamming you, shes just daft and hasnt changed her email address.

I sold 19000 items on ebay in my last job and its VERY common for this to happen

Associate
Boomstick said:
I think what is happening here is that her registered email address no longer works so she cant receive emails you send directly to her. However when you send an email through ebay she receives a copy of the email in her "Messages" section of My Ebay which she can read and reply to.

Thats my opinion too. Although you starred out the email address you did leave the ".ac.uk" part. If she has left college/university then it is no longer valid. Still can't fully understand why people use academic email addresses to register for sites that they plan on using after their education has finished. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom