Another "I need a new chair" thread

Soldato
So I have had this crappy chair for many years which is starting to fall apart and I am looking to get a new one.

The consensus seems that the Hero range is decent specifically the black edition.
Im wondering if there is any value in going for the black real leather version?

OcUK Staff
The Black Edition HERO is a good choice, it has similar properties to real leather with it being more durable and breathable than the normal PU stuff. - It's proving to be more popular now too, and I personally prefer the Black Edition just because of how comfortable and soft the material is too.

Soldato
Very long time to get stock! My back hurting and could do with a new chair but from a quick scroll through, all Noble chairs are still OOS. Not checked others yet

OcUK Staff
noblechairs will be in stock in the next week. I would advise placing your order, as there are a lot of pre-orders at the moment. Sooner you're in the queue, the more likely you'll receive it ASAP! :)

Soldato
OP
noblechairs will be in stock in the next week. I would advise placing your order, as there are a lot of pre-orders at the moment. Sooner you're in the queue, the more likely you'll receive it ASAP! :)

Happy days, thanks fiveub.
Any ideas when next week? Will it be in time for the weekend?

Incidentally I saw on the OCUK website these "short" and "extra short" bar things. What are these exactly?

OcUK Staff
Most stock is arriving around the 21-22, so quite possible! :)

The gas lifts are the parts that go into the wheel base and the seat it self, so a shorter one will essentially make the chair lower than normal.

Soldato
OP
Oh right, so you can actually make the chair shorter by using these kits?
Is there a way to measure effectively the height that I need to ensure I can tuck my chair under my desk?

Associate
Oh right, so you can actually make the chair shorter by using these kits?
Is there a way to measure effectively the height that I need to ensure I can tuck my chair under my desk?

In terms of tucking it under a desk, the widest and highest part of the lower seat part is the arms, otherwise you can just half tuck the seat with the arms resting against your desk like I have it, my desk isn't wide enough to totally tuck it.

On the lowest gas chair height on a real leather Hero which is much same base as all of them, the arm rest on the lowest arm height and lowest chair height setting is approx 62 CM high. (Though I use mine at about 67CM, you might find 62 too low)

The total seat and arm width with the arms on their thinnest setting is approx 70CM.

Had the real leather version about a year, I think it's worth it if you'll be working on it and being productive, otherwise it is expensive, though was surprised to see all of the Noblechairs are out of stock right now.

OcUK Staff
You'll find that most noblechairs as standard will fit under a standard sized desk, so hopefully this will not be an issue for you. - And noblechairs have been extremely popular, they've been sold out for a few weeks, and I can only imagine the latest stock that'll arrive won't last very long too.

We've been ordering more stock into the UK than usual, so hopefully stock levels will slowly become "normal" in terms of having stock available for the demand. :)

OcUK Staff
Still on-route for today/tomorrow! You'll notice some stock of other models have arrived in stock so it's a case of when the stock arrives and which ones are booked into the warehouse first. So not long now, fingers crossed! :)

Associate
Hi, Is there anyway to tell how high we are in the queue? I put in an order on Tuesday (ETA on stock was showing 22nd). I didn't realise there was a stack of pre-orders and the stock was likely already sold out.

Thanks,

OcUK Staff
The Black Edition range does come with cushions, the head pillow and lumbar support too, and Overclockers UK provide the 30 day comfort guarantee with noblechairs. :)

Back
Top Bottom