Another lens thread, sorry!

Associate
Ok, i'm sorry to have to do another one of these :p

This time I am going to buy it straight away, i have now got a Paypal account, so I'm ready :p

Right, basically looking for a zoom lense, which will have enough zoom for wildlife, I saw the 70-300 sigma, but i've been told to steer away, plus i'm not sure if I need to go to 300mm becuase that's a long way, so maybe 200mm will surfice, budget hm.. I think £300 tops if possible?

What do you guys think? Can you recommend me some lenses!

Love Dan

Soldato
Not had any experiences with budget telephoto zooms, but I was reading May's Practical Photography last week, and the Sigma 70-300 F4/5.6 APO DG came out on top, closely followed by the Tamron 70-300 F4/5.6 LD. Interestingly, these both came out higher on image quality than the more expensive Canon 70-300mm F4/5.6 III USM.

I think this issue with the Sigma is that the quality varies wildly from lens to lens. I would say that the same probably goes for the Tamron.

For £300, you can probably get something considerably better though :)

Associate
i owned a canon 75-300 mk3 usm for a while but picked up the sigma 70-300 apo dg last week for little over £150 and so far im impressed. focus is noisier than the canon but still quick enough, sharpness and contrast are good too, better than the canon equiv, and the hood is included:)

Associate
Marik said:
Hope so, just got to part with the cash now, I might just go town and get it, don't fancy HK
It's very good indeed. I have a Nikon fit one for sale at the moment 1 year old and well looked after if you're interested?

Replaced mine with the Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 VR

Associate
OP
Bah, I have a Canon :(

If i had a Nikon, I would be very interessted, sorry!

BTW anyone with the sigma, any chance of some samples? :D

Love Dan

Back
Top Bottom