Another new Ghostbusters

Caporegime
Seen an interview a while back with Aykroyd talking about it, just took it for another one of his spiels that came to nothing. I'd be surprised if they can get Murray to participate, the only reason he returned for that feminazi reboot was Sony were about to threaten him with litigation somehow or other.

Wonder if Jason still thinks they're full of crap. :p

Caporegime
agreed would be awesome for the original cast.

I'm not wanting to appear ageist, but one of the original cast is dead, one is in his 70's, Ackroyd is a bit mad and Murray likely won't want to do it.

It's not going to work is it?

I mean Creed works because Rocky is just a trainer, but that's a drama not a comedy.

Commissario
I dont think Rick Moranis will come back, he's been out of Hollywood acting for too long.
Aye I wondered where he want for a long time (until the internet/imdb), then found out he'd basically left his career to look after his kids, something that whilst i'm sad we didn't get more films from him, makes me think quite highly of him as a person as he put family first.

I would love to see him back in Ghostbusters or virtually anything, but I can't see it happening.

A ghostbusters 3 that follows on from 2 could be good, but I doubt if any of the original cast will be back in any major way as they'e had nearly 30 years to do a sequel together but never managed to agree to it/get it done, and they're all too old to reprise their original characters in the same way (so they'd be sort of the elders, running the company etc rather than "on the ground" in the way they were in 1 and 2).

Soldato
If the Murray, Ackroyd and Hudson do make an appearance then they don't have to be running around as elderly Ghostbusters, they could be executives just running the business. Hell they could show up as ghosts which could leave the door open to a CGI Ramis.

Associate
Two minds about this
sometimes these things are better left alone - they may end up ruining the franchise.
Having said that the last was OK'ish

Soldato
If the Murray, Ackroyd and Hudson do make an appearance then they don't have to be running around as elderly Ghostbusters, they could be executives just running the business. Hell they could show up as ghosts which could leave the door open to a CGI Ramis.

I don't want Murray in this as he came across as a real a-hole in the last couple of decades about GB3 and when he finally had a cameo in the new one he came across as a phoned-in a-hole. He's just going to sour the whole thing and bring the film down. I think the best way to go is Ackroyd as a fire house chef type and Hudson as an on the ground vet training the new recruits. Heck, have one the girls be Ramis daughter inventing the latest gear

Back
Top Bottom