Another PC build thread

Soldato
OP
Adata XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 2TB can be had for £190.

Cheers. Yes Im aware from the Yorkshire based company, Ive had bad experiences with those guys in the past so not touching them with a barge pole.
Happy with the WD.

I am a bit late to the party, but I would swap out the Arctic Silver 5 for some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £14.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

How come? Is it better? Ive asked OCUK if they can swap it before shipment.

Soldato
OP
Cheers again lee, got the AS5 swapped for the Grizzly stuff. Ive always used AS5 in the past, I guess this stuff is better?

Am I better off to wipe the preapplied thermal compound on the H150 and apply the Grizzly stuff?

Soldato
Cheers again lee, got the AS5 swapped for the Grizzly stuff. Ive always used AS5 in the past, I guess this stuff is better?

Am I better off to wipe the preapplied thermal compound on the H150 and apply the Grizzly stuff?

The Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is good stuff and it should give you better thermals than the AS5.

Yes just wipe the pre applied paste off the H150 before applying the Kryonaut. Don't want to do a 'Verge' :D

Soldato
OP
Obviously too late for me to change my mind but what makes Ryzen > Intel i.e. the 5950 vs the 10900?

All benchmarks I have seen seem to be much of a muchness between the two?

Ok PCIE gen 4 I understand... what else differentiates the Ryzen to Intel?

Associate
Obviously too late for me to change my mind but what makes Ryzen > Intel i.e. the 5950 vs the 10900?

All benchmarks I have seen seem to be much of a muchness between the two?

Ok PCIE gen 4 I understand... what else differentiates the Ryzen to Intel?

In all benchmarks I've seen the Ryzen wins outright. (even the 5900 beats it)

I mean, you've got a nice system, but imo Intel this time around are not worth the premium price tag.

Back
Top Bottom