Another PC in a Desk! (Obsolete)

Soldato
OP
Great build!!

What clocks and temps are you getting on that ?

Cheers!

Clocks,
4.6 CPU 1.3v tried lower volts, crashes BF4 when I do
1100 core 1450 mem

Temps.

2.5hr Planetside 2 GPU 47 CPU 65 Ambient 20
3hr BF4 GPU 57 CPU 62 Ambient 19

Fans/pump don't exceed 50% So cant complain. Noisiest thing is my PSU when gaming. don't hear anything else
Not looked/checked with new fans/pump :o I'll have a look tonight

Noticeable difference with pump regards vibration noise due to my build. The DCP4 is not a loud pump, never heard it when I had it in a conventional case, Its the resonating vibration that it produces made me try a D5.
Shame you don't see it :(

Soldato
OP
Looks really nice!.

How do you manage being so far away from your monitor?

Its on a Ergotron wall mount arm :D

This is where it is while in use.

mon-mount.jpg

pic of the mount

mon-mount1.jpg

Soldato
Where is this drawing air from for the rads? I originally thought the idea was 2 kinda "flow channels" down the side but I see it's a solid front and tucked up against a wall.

Nice looking job otherwise though :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nice, now you just need add some nice blue LED's with an on/off switch. Would look amazing at night then!.

I actually thought of may be having different colour LED fan, something like red as the first 2 then blue as last fan. Thought of making them flash but think that would drive me nuts ;)

Where is this drawing air from for the rads? I originally thought the idea was 2 kinda "flow channels" down the side but I see it's a solid front and tucked up against a wall.

Nice looking job otherwise though :D

230mm fan in bottom, if you look at the 11th pic in main post you can see it better. You can make it out in one pic a couple of posts up .

Soldato
I actually thought of may be having different colour LED fan, something like red as the first 2 then blue as last fan. Thought of making them flash but think that would drive me nuts ;)

230mm fan in bottom, if you look at the 11th pic in main post you can see it better. You can make it out in one pic a couple of posts up .

Hmmm, ok, so where does the air exhaust to? The fresh air comes in, gets sucked into the rads but then I don't see where it can flow to. The 2 sides look pretty airtight. Just thinking some airholes somewhere or airholes + fans on the sides would net you a bit more flow and probably help temperatures a fair bit. You could even have a couple of extra 140mm fans at the front underside and a couple at the back, topside so you had flow going down the sides the radiators can then dump warm air into.
Find a brass grille to go at the back on each side to keep it themed :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hmmm, ok, so where does the air exhaust to? The fresh air comes in, gets sucked into the rads but then I don't see where it can flow to. The 2 sides look pretty airtight. Just thinking some airholes somewhere or airholes + fans on the sides would net you a bit more flow and probably help temperatures a fair bit. You could even have a couple of extra 140mm fans at the front underside and a couple at the back, topside so you had flow going down the sides the radiators can then dump warm air into.
Find a brass grille to go at the back on each side to keep it themed :)

Air goes out the back via 170mm openings each side. there's roughly 50mm clearance from the back to the wall across its width. First drawing shows them.

Back
Top Bottom