Another X570 Elite post...

Soldato
Yep, when we got windows installed with my 2600X in it, updated to latest bios version (F10), made sure it went back into windows then shut it down, swapped CPU's back and no display. Bridged the CMOS jumpers to clear it, nothing. Pulled the CPU out and done Q flash plus back to F3 and still nothing.

guessing you tried your GPU in the system instead of the 5700xt ? only thing i can think of is controller for PCIe lanes being funny , yet okay with pcie 3.0 in your b450 board.

Associate
guessing you tried your GPU in the system instead of the 5700xt ? only thing i can think of is controller for PCIe lanes being funny , yet okay with pcie 3.0 in your b450 board.

OCUK have agreed the RMA so they're going to test the CPU and the MOBO, try different combinations of the CPU and different boards, if they confirm the CPU is fine and can't get the CPU to work with the board, but they can get it to work on another better board, then they'll upgrade the board.

Associate
Hey everyone. First post but been buying from ocuk for at least 10 years!

Just bought myself a new pc, the spec is:

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU
Gigabyte RX 5700XT GPU
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (2x16GB) 3200mhz
Corsair RM750 PSU
NVMe gen4 500GB Seagate Firecuda
NVMe gen4 1TB TeamGroup T-Force

So had some teething issues with the bios when starting up but got that sorted. Windows 10 installed. Steam etc installed, played a couple hours of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on ultra! Amazing game if you haven't played it. Excited out of the game, clicked on a Windows prompt. The cursor artefacted then the PC switched off.

Now the PC switches on. All fans and lights come on but the monitor will not boot up. Just black screen.

I've tried my all various configurations with my ram. Also tried resetting the bios with the CMOS pins to no avail.

Help!

The same issue I am having, same board 5700xt as well. 3600 MHz ram I am using. The difference is mine seems to work some times than others not. I cannot get the machine to stably turn on 100% into windows. Bio has been updated, display port and HDMI it seems to do this on. Even turned the PCIe to gen 3 as I hear this is an issue w

Associate
The same issue I am having, same board 5700xt as well. 3600 MHz ram I am using. The difference is mine seems to work some times than others not. I cannot get the machine to stably turn on 100% into windows. Bio has been updated, display port and HDMI it seems to do this on. Even turned the PCIe to gen 3 as I hear this is an issue w

So @Ali Bongo sent the board and CPU back to OCUK, they tested it and found no fault. Got it into bios, ran it on Prime95 and another program for 17 hours and there were no faults so its on its way back to him. Guess need to see what happens when it comes back but there is a lot of people out there having issues with this new gen ryzen and X570 chipset.

Soldato
Ended up having my X570 Elite swapped out over the weekend, fixed the problems I was having!

* PC would turn on, Black screen, power off.. power on it might work and give a display output and boot.
* PC would turn on, Black screen, hear it reboot three times (fans inside would ramp up and down) and it would reset the bios and then boot.

^^ These were my issues, tried every bios revision, optimised defaults, and even a new PSU.

Associate
I noticed there is a new bios released yesterday (F11) for this board, have you tried it yet? Ali is still waiting for his to be returned so haven't tried it yet.

Associate
Ended up having my X570 Elite swapped out over the weekend, fixed the problems I was having!

* PC would turn on, Black screen, power off.. power on it might work and give a display output and boot.
* PC would turn on, Black screen, hear it reboot three times (fans inside would ramp up and down) and it would reset the bios and then boot.

^^ These were my issues, tried every bios revision, optimised defaults, and even a new PSU.
Did ocuk swap it for you? They had the cpu and board back and could find no fault. But I imagine when it comes back and Ali fits his GPU and ram there will be issues so it must be a bios issue with compatibility. But it seems there is a bios update to fix pcie and ram compatibility

Soldato
Did ocuk swap it for you? They had the cpu and board back and could find no fault. But I imagine when it comes back and Ali fits his GPU and ram there will be issues so it must be a bios issue with compatibility. But it seems there is a bios update to fix pcie and ram compatibility

I had all my bits from a competitor sorry!

Associate
OP
As Marc said ocuk tested the board and CPU together. No problem apparently. Get them back. Build it up and nada. Over at Marc's just now trying different RAM and also nothing. It has to be the board but how did it work with his 2600x... Tried all bios versions by using the q flash function

Back
Top Bottom