Antec 1200 or Thermaltake VA8003BWS

Soldato
The Thermaltake has got some good cooling, but i got the silver Aluminum case which is apprently Cooler then the Metal Black one. You got so much room in the Armour Super Tower, the biggest Components look TINY and you will still have some spare room left.

Deffently big enough for 4870X2

It is good with Water Cooling and Air Cooling

For Cable Managemen it is So so, might have to drill some holes if you want to Hide every Cable

The Super Armour PLUS has better cable manegment.

I dont know much about the 1200

Soldato
wow, 2 for each...

this is helpful..

any1 had both?

Flamers

We build hundreds of systems a week and the Nine, Three and Twelve are the three fav cases of our system builders. The Armor is one of the most dreaded after a Lian Li Armorsuit. :p

For builing in and quality the Twelve is almost unbeatable, its main downsides are that it can look a bit boring now due to how many people have them.

The Antec gaming cases are by far the most popular cases at the moment, the fact Akasa and Thermaltake have the Infiniti and V9 released just tell you instantly how good the nine hundred is.

Unless your spending money on a P80R or the like then my money has to go to the Antec Three, Nine and Twelve as for the money they are cracking cases.

Lian Li PC7 YCF (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...S II Aluminium Case Side Window & Fan - Black) is fighting back nicely for Lian Li on the cooling front with the usual quality, but a 250mm fan just does not suit a Lian Li case for me personally but if its your thinking its another cracking option to consider. Had a fair few of them come in at around 1:00 today and over half of them have gone already which is great to see!

Associate
OP
the reason why i was wondering is coz i dont want a "copy cat" case, i dont like it either (the lian li)

i'm looking for a window side, space to put a 4870 X2 in (possibly crossfire), and eventually 2 HDD

if this helps: budget £100 EXC VAT

Flamers

Soldato
the reason why i was wondering is coz i dont want a "copy cat" case, i dont like it either (the lian li)

i'm looking for a window side, space to put a 4870 X2 in (possibly crossfire), and eventually 2 HDD

if this helps: budget £100 EXC VAT

Flamers
I'm doing a review of the twelve hundred next week. So keep your eyes peeled over @ www.vortez.co.uk

Associate
The Armor is one of the most dreaded after a Lian Li Armorsuit. :p

Why is the armoursuit a dreaded case?

I was thinking of getting a Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P60B Aluminium Midi-Tower Case over the 1200, surely its slightly better quality?

Soldato
But the Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P60B looks awesome with its cooling and quality..?

It was a bit of a in joke. :p

They take forever to cable tidy as there are loads of little spaces you can dart cables around and hide behind. Just takes a long time to do a build properly in the case as its well thought out and gives you lots of possibilities.

Associate
English people just don't "get" Tt Armor cases. I spend most of my time on mainly US-centric forums and the Tts are very highly thought of there. When I posted on here about my acquisition aof a Tt Armor+, all I got was laughs. Apparently, it looks "plastic-y."

Sod it - I love it, it has fans in every orifice and it's big enough to house a small family of immigrants.

Thermaltake +1 :p

Associate
I just think the 1200 is so generic, this is obviously down to the fact that everyone loves it. I just like the thermaltake because it's a little more original and it's huge

Back
Top Bottom