Antec have the C8 and the C5 coming... now the C3 IS COMING TOO

Soldato
Hi guys

So after the launch of the C8 which has been very positive so far, I have announced the upcoming C5 soon, but now I can announce we have the C3 also coming. With stock arriving in Europe mid-end of May.

• 4 PWM-ARGB fans included, 1 x rear exhaust and 3 x reverse fans on the side panel & ARGB control hub.
  • Bottom mounted PSU with shroud with built in ARGB lighting strip
  • Up to 8 x 120mm fans supported
  • Glass front and side panel with seamless join
  • 415mm GPU GPU support
MSRP
  • Black = £94.99 inc VAT
  • White = £101.99 inc VAT

What do you guys think?

Black Version
M0FenxS.jpeg

White version
8lwR6tw.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
Your opening bulletpoints suggest 2x360 Rad support. The pictures you link to, and Antec's own website suggests only the top can mount a 360. Are you sure about the 2x360?

Soldato
I use a lot of the P20CE and they are great cases. They do however have their limitations and quirks but overall good cases. I am not really a fan of the mesh on the top of the case as it can pick up dust and crap dropped on it and can be very tough to clean.

I do like the dual chamber C8 case though.. Looks very slick for the money.

Man of Honour
Ever since the Lian Li 011 series came out everyone is copying the same style so most of these "high end" cases all lokk the same now. Personally I don't like them. I am old school when it comes to airflow, in at the front, out at the rear/top none of this in at the side where airflow gets directed at nothing but the other side panel. Not for me at all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ever since the Lian Li 011 series came out everyone is copying the same style so most of these "high end" cases all lokk the same now. Personally I don't like them. I am old school when it comes to airflow, in at the front, out at the rear/top none of this in at the side where airflow gets directed at nothing but the other side panel. Not for me at all.

Bottom up airflow seems to be the best, if the Fractal Torrent is anything to go by and it doesn't have any top vents.

At the end of the day, it's usually a 2-3 degree difference and most people are now more concerned with aesthetics and ease of installation than getting the best possible airflow.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

So Antec Performance 1 FT is your case then :)

Soldato
OP
I ended up buying a white one coming tomorrow just because I wanted to see what it was like.

My only complaints before even seeing the case are the lack of a GPU support and glass rear panel. But I like the look of it so that swung me.
Let me know once you get it. I expect you will be pleased with the quality for the price for sure.

Soldato
Let me know once you get it. I expect you will be pleased with the quality for the price for sure.

Arrived today, I know this isn’t the right thread for it (couldn’t find another one) but couple of thoughts about the white Performance 1:

Build quality is really nice, a very solid case. Glass is thick, steel panels are nice and solid, overall the case feels quality. I’m used to buying Fractal cases but recent experience is that they’ve dropped in quality a bit. This case feels really impressively put together.

Love some of the quality details, like the way the hard drive cage is held in place and can be moved depending on radiator size at the front. Really nice bright silver thumbscrews everywhere (I LOVE them).

The white is really bright and sharp. Next to a white deepcool case I have here, the Antec is so much better. The deepcool looks like creme compared.

The front grill and the contrasting subtle colour is beautiful.

The fans look great (haven’t turned them on yet). Hoping Antec will release these white ones to retail at some point.

The rear cable covers are quality and have a nice mechanical detail upon fitting and removing.

Still wish it had a GPU mount integrated and that the top plastic trim where the LED display is behind was in a colour other than black. But they are small points.

Overall this is a really nice case I love it. In white it looks really special I think and elevates it big time.

Back
Top Bottom