Antec P280 fans?

Associate
Hi Guys

I see that the P280 comes with Antec TwoCool fans with their own fan controllers.

I like setting the fan speed through the Asus fan speed software as it allows silent running whils surfing and good airflow whilst gaming.

Can the TwoCool's be controlled this way or do you have to use the fan controller, also how quiet are they?

Thanks

Soldato
afaik very quiet, and the switch is a 6v / 12V voltage switch. So leaving them to 12V and letting the motherboard modulate them should work. Also depends if the Asus fan speed software can deal with 3 pin fan connectors (VC voltage controlled, not PWM). Which I'm not sure it does.

Associate
I the Antec "Twocool" fans are connected to a fan controller & powered by a single Molex, the fan's are plugged in to the controller via a 3 pin power header & can be unpluged.

My Asus Sabertooth Z77 can control the fan speeds of 3 pin fan headers when plugged into the Mobo so I can't see this being a problem ?

I'm looking into this case as well & can't comment on these TwoCool fan but coming from a Antec P180 that had TriCool fans they were fine set at low & med was noticable but High was too much.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
In my P280 the 3 fans i got with the case i left on low since 3 fans taking the heat out of my case is more than i need.
Than i have 1 fan at the front, but soon i will get another fan.

Associate
Any one noticed that they have put the price up from £65 to £85 !!! I was just about to order one, not going to at that price + postage ! It was a good price before but seems to much now as Factal R4 is about the same price & can be fitted with 140mm fans.

Lost out on a sale OCuk...

Associate
Got mine yesterday for £65 and it's a bargain, leave the fans on low and they extract any heat nicely. Once I get my front fans connected up its will be extremely cool and quite. The loudest fans are the gpu which set at 35% but at 25% there's no difference in temperature just sound..

Still worth £85 all day long..

Soldato
Transplanted my system from a 500R into the P280. Nice case, well built, lots of room, good cable management, plenty of room behind the motherboard. The rubber grommets are a bit easy to dislodge.

The front panel connectors are rather short. Just about made it for the power led connectors.

Noise is mostly the CPU cooler, and my GPU which has a standard blower design. Can't hear the case fans on low. Bit more wind noise when switched to 12V.

All in all, very good value for money. I would pick up a R4 for around £90 mark.

Back
Top Bottom