Anthem 2018

Caporegime
VENTURE INTO DANGER
In this shared-world action-RPG, you and your friends are Freelancers—the bold few with the courage to leave civilization behind, explore a landscape of primeval beauty, and confront the dangers you find.

UNITE WITH FRIENDS
Up to four players band together to take on whatever perils you discover as a heroic team. As your friends support you in your journey, so do your victories and rewards benefit your friends.

RISE TO ANY CHALLENGE
Wield an arsenal of Javelin exosuits, each equipped with unique weapons and abilities. Customize them with gear you earn and craft, then use them to fly, leap, and climb through a contiguous open world.

CHART YOUR PATH
Experience massive, world-altering occurrences like Shaper Storms. Fight savage beasts and ruthless marauders. Delve forgotten ruins as you seek to defeat the forces plotting to conquer humanity.

CONTROL YOUR FATE
Your power grows with every step into the unknown. Whether plunder, revenge, or glory lures you onward, your choices will irrevocably change you—and the world around you.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) gave the world its first look at Anthem ™, the brand-new IP being created by BioWare. Anthem is a shared-world action-RPG, where players can delve into a vast world teeming with amazing technology and forgotten treasures. The world is also filled with savage beasts and ruthless marauders where Freelancers are called to defeat the forces plotting to conquer humanity.

“Our developers at BioWare have been creating something special," said Patrick Soderlund, Executive Vice President of EA Worldwide Studios. “We’re pushing Frostbite to new heights, developing a game unlike anything EA has ever made before. We’re telling a new story, creating a social, co-operative experience, and putting it in a contiguous open world that is dynamic and will be ever-changing for years to come."

In Anthem, up to four friends can unravel the world’s mysteries and take on its most fearsome challenges together. Shared danger means shared glory, and successful Freelancers will all be richly rewarded for successful exploits. Throughout their adventure, players can outfit their Freelancers with powerful Javelin exosuits, each of which are equipped with unique weapons and abilities. Players can also customize their Javelin with gear they earn and craft throughout the adventure, and leave a lasting mark on the world.

Those who want to learn more about Anthem are encouraged to check out the official website, and sign up for the Anthem newsletter to be the first to receive new details about the game.

http://news.ea.com/press-release/ea-studios/venture-danger-new-ip-ea-anthem

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/anthem

Hmmmmm. WIll keep a close eye on this although for some reason I really don't put much faith in BioWare....

Soldato
Will this be using the FB3 engine? I thought recent revelations about ME4 suggested the engine doesn't play well with RPGs?

One of the commentators said last night that it was running on the frostbite engine... actually it say Frostbite at the start of the trailer

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm taking everything with a huge pinch of salt. Look at The Division and how it first got revealed and teased to how it actually was when it was released. Will be keeping an eye on it though.

Soldato
http://news.ea.com/press-release/ea-studios/venture-danger-new-ip-ea-anthem

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/anthem

Hmmmmm. WIll keep a close eye on this although for some reason I really don't put much faith in BioWare....
God I hate seeing someone say that :(

Yes the some of their latest games have been subpar but that’s because everyone holds them in such high esteem and the more recent games haven’t reached their high expectations rather than the games being a pile of crap.

Anyhows I have faith as Drew Karpysh is back. He’s basically wrote some of the best Story driven games out there. As well as the Darth Bane trilogy.

The only game I haven’t played that he’s been behind is Jade Empir.

Soldato
The downgrade will always happen:mad:

Yeah - I suspect that PC is where it will be at to play this title in all its glory. PS4 will be nerfed to hell. Will be interesting to see what the X can do though. But I think this game needs to be on the true next gen consoles. Ps5 or whatever it ends up being called. But thats probably a few years off yet.

The lead designer on Anthem passed away at the end on July, I wonder if that will have an impact on the games release and quality.

Sorry to hear that :( It will inevatibly have an impact but hopefully the game is far enough along to remain true to the lead designers vision.

Back
Top Bottom