Antivirus Software/Formatting

Associate
Ok so ive had my rig for 2 days and norton has failed to find or delete 36 viruses :eek:

I now have 2 format it all. Does any1 have any suggestions or tips in doing this? Will it definitely delete all viruses even if the pc was riddled with them?

Im also now on the hunt for some Antivirus softwatre. Ive heard AVG considering it's free is excellent as well as NOD32, what do you guys suggest?

Also im on an unlegit version of windows :( and i can't find my windows firewall or security settings anywhere? Will it have been installed if it isn't a real copy? What firewall would you then suggest 2 use?

Any help would be great guys as im kinda stuck atm!

Thx.

PS:Sry if posted in wrong section, couldn't find anywhere else suitable.

Also im on an **** of windows and i can't find my windows firewall or security settings anywhere? Will it have been installed if it isn't a real copy?
it is/will be in control panel :)
p.s. get rid of the mention on illegal software,before a don spots it or you may get a holiday ;)

oopsies sry guys, anyway thanks 4 the replies! Ill get AVG Antivirus and Spyware and Spybot search and destroy.

You dont possibly think do u that i got so many viruses its sumhow gotte rid of my windows firewall do you? lol

I use the following FREE programs to keep my pc safe.
Zone alarm firewall.
Avg Free.
Bit defender 8 free.
Adaware free.
Mozilla Firefox web brouser
Mozilla Thunderbird email.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom