Any Classic Car owners here?

Soldato
If so, what do you have?

I don't have anything myself but my dad has a few under his belt, wlil get some photos at some point!

Would love a classic mini myself, not really sure why :D

I think there's some MG owners here?

Let's see them!

I would love a Classic Mini but I feel any classic would be a death-trap these days, especially with the increasing size of ordinary cars, never mind SUV's. Classics just don't have much in the way of safety features, and this puts me off.

My son is 16 and hankering after a classic because of insurance, showing me Triumph Spitfires, Sunbeam Alpines etc. I'm really not sure. We have a 2002 R50 Mini and I think that's going to be as close to classic as he's going to get! :cry:

I have seriously considered a Classic Mini but it would need to be fully caged with modern seats before I'd consider it.

I've looked at mini's on and off recently. Just love the look of the MK1.

There's so many different versions though that I find it hard to wrap my head around.

Would be hard to find a fair priced example that isn't shot to bits with rust etc

Spitfires are really affordable ^^

What's defined as a classic nowadays?

Back when I started driving insurers seemed to consider most things over 25 years old a classic, nowadays that's 1999 lol.

Hell, i've even got a 2003 car on a classic policy.

UQv2pV.gif

Had a few different classics depending on definition.

Still have my 89 Skyline Gtr, still needs a new head but it's more of an investment to be honest.

Had a 72 Beetle which I sold a few years back and shouldn't have.

Had an 82 Mini which I just didn't gel with. I expected to prefer it over the beetle but didn't, so it went last year.

If so, what do you have?

I don't have anything myself but my dad has a few under his belt, wlil get some photos at some point!

Would love a classic mini myself, not really sure why :D

I think there's some MG owners here?

Let's see them!

I've got a classic mini in the garage which i need shot off if you want :cry:

My dad has lots of old vehicles but the oldest i've had is a 1996 Impreza, still felt quite modern really so i wouldn't class that as a classic but the mini is 1998 and feels like it's out of the ark so i would class that as a classic :confused:

A workmate of mine has a 1984 Ford Granada 2.8i Ghia and a 1988 Ford Granada Scorpio 4x4 which is quite odd to think of as a classic given it's got ABS brakes, heated front windscreen, air conditioning, electric front and back seats etc etc it's a very modern car in many respects.

I can remember both models when they were brand new, which just makes me feel very old! :o :D

Not quite a classic yet. But I do have a 1994 Corrado VR6.

Spoked BBS, electric Recaros and it sounds like a Wookie when on full chat. A proper 90's experience :)
I'd include that :)

Was actually looking the other day. Kind of fancy something around that era as a daily as the s2000 should really be seasonal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom