Any custom water block builders nowadays?

dod

dod

Soldato
Just wondering. Toying with the idea of water cooling again just because I can and that got me wondering about some of the old school blocks that you used to get.

Used to have a Cathar Cascade, one in copper and one in silver but they got sold years ago. :rolleyes:

Or is it all just mass produced packages now?

Associate
How about design your own (based on something existing) and make 1 off? Plenty of 'machining brokers' around who would sub this out to China for sensible money.

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
How about design your own (based on something existing) and make 1 off? Plenty of 'machining brokers' around who would sub this out to China for sensible money.
I really wouldn't know where to start with that. Plus I'd be buying a block just to get something similar made. Didn't know about that service though so thanks :)

Soldato
There's a Vietnamese one too who runs Modding Cafe, he's called Ban. Really nice guy and will pretty much cater to your needs.

He's the guy behind the tubeless cpu block.

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
There's a Vietnamese one too who runs Modding Cafe, he's called Ban. Really nice guy and will pretty much cater to your needs.

He's the guy behind the tubeless cpu block.
That's interesting, thanks, will have a look. Wish I'd kept the old blocks, could have built up a retro rig. XP1600, Radeon 9800 etc etc :)

Soldato
That's interesting, thanks, will have a look. Wish I'd kept the old blocks, could have built up a retro rig. XP1600, Radeon 9800 etc etc :)

Still have a 7850 and a phenom II x4 somewhere that could be repurposed. Hate to see what the coolant looks like in those blocks though, ive never dismantled it and the res is dried up :cry:

Back
Top Bottom