Any Discord wizards in here? Need to clean up member list.

Soldato
We have a discord with around 280 members inc bots I will assume, and we are wanting to get rid of the member/bots that don't contribute to anything (we are developing/designing a board game). Are there any apps/bots whatever that can let us see last activity from members. Also, is there a way/setting to auto direct all current members to a channel next time they log in before they can browse/post in the normal channels and have to react with something to allow them to get access to the normal channels?

Bit of a newb here when it comes to admin discord along with the discords owner, we have no real clue how to to these things

Soldato
We have a discord with around 280 members inc bots I will assume, and we are wanting to get rid of the member/bots that don't contribute to anything (we are developing/designing a board game). Are there any apps/bots whatever that can let us see last activity from members. Also, is there a way/setting to auto direct all current members to a channel next time they log in before they can browse/post in the normal channels and have to react with something to allow them to get access to the normal channels?

Bit of a newb here when it comes to admin discord along with the discords owner, we have no real clue how to to these things
Yeah but believe they're paid. So you have stuff like MEEE which allow you to set auto advancement of roles based on things like posts / VC time etc.

You can setup ruies channels natively now (although might lack some features) where people need to react to get granted a role. If you want to do more "React to this message for X, and React to another message for Y" then I think you need plugins for this, could look at carl.gg / MEE6 but you will have to pay for those features.

I ended up sticking a python bot on Azure and coding it from scratch which is quite fun and gives you more control.

Soldato
As above, usually you need a bot. However, be careful what bot you invite to the server. For example, MEE6 has been in hot waters lately due to doing a lot of shady stuff. Pancake, YAGPDB and Zira has been suggested previously as safe replacements. I don't have direct experience with any of them but I have seen them used to allow members to react an emoji for a certain role, with the rest of the channels locked to only allow those with that role to see them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom